Welcome to the BodyWeightCulture.com.

Threaded View

The New Plank Challenege

Okay, there's been a lot of renewed interest in planks lately, so I thought it only natural to open a new thread where those interested can compete for plank mastery. The main point, of course, is for us to compete against ourselves individually, but it is always nice to have an opponent against whom we may test ourselves in order to push past our limits.So I propose a simple 1 month(ish) challenge to the end of August, during which time BWC can gain recognition as the hard workers that they are. This is not an official BWC, mind you, so no cash or anything for the winner(s), but is that why we're doing this stuff in the first place? I think not! Here are the categories:

MOST TIME IN PLANK OVER THE CONTEST PERIOD
    For people like me who can not plank in my sleep (Phil), at least I can plank often. Whoever racks up the most accumulated plank time over the whole contest wins this category.

LONGEST PLANK HOLD DURING CONTEST
    As it says, just hold an on elbows plank as long as you can. No video necessary, honor system rules. You can upload a video if you want to.

MOST TIME IN PLANK OVER AN HOUR
    Do as many plank reps as you want. You can do 60 x 0:45 planks, or you can do 1 x 60:00 (). Just rack up more time than anyone else.

MOST IMPROVED COMPETITOR
    Post your previous plank PR from anytime up to July 26th 2012, and if over the course of the contest you manage to improve your time by more minutes and seconds than anyone else, you win this category.

BEST FREESTYLE PLANK VIDEO
    Upload only one video to YouTube with a title that Starts with Bodyweightculture.com Freestyle Plank Contest, and maybe your BWC username or some other individual identifier. Then PM it to me so I can put it in the Freestlye Plank thread that I will create. Also, please wear a shirt so I can upload it in accordance with my conscience and views on modesty.

You can compete for any or all of the above categories.At the end of the contest, which will go from Friday, July 27th, to Friday August 31 (last submissions for consideration in any category must be in by 11:59 pm), once all the videos have been uploaded for the last category, I'll create a poll thread containing all of them for BWC members to cast their votes in.If you're interested, please drop a line saying so, and please begin to record your plank times here (starting Friday) as well as in your logs. May the hardest man or woman win!

LEADER BOARD

MOST TIME IN PLANK OVER CONTEST PERIOD
    (hh/mm/ss)
    1. GreekPT, 4:20:53
    2. Cvasquez, 3:53:39
    3. Dave.cyco, 1:46:45
    4. CoolRaul, 1:08:00
    5. Itlives, 30:44
    6. Wfbisbee 25:24
    7. Johncd68, 8:15
    8. Wonko the sane, 4:55

LONGEST PLANK HOLD DURING CONTEST
    1. GreekPT, 15:16!!!
    2. Johncd68, 5:15
    3. CoolRaul, Cvasquez, 5:00
    4. Itlives, Dave.cyco, 3:30
    5. Wfbisbee, 2:39
    6. Wonko the sane, 0:35

MOST TIME IN PLANK OVER AN HOUR DURING CONTEST PERIOD
    1. GreekPT, 48:00!@!
    2. Dave.cyco, 38:15
    3. CoolRaul, 33:50
    4. CVasquez, 10:00
    5. Wfbisbee, 6:00
    6. Johndc68, 5:15
    7. Wonko the sane, 1:35

MOST IMPROVED COMPETITOR
    1. Greek PT, 2:16 (from 13:00 to 15:16)
    2. CVasquez, 1:09 (from 3:51 to 5:00)
    3. Itlives, 1:00, (from 3:00 to 4:00)
    4. Wfbisbee, 0:25 (from 2:14 to 2:39)
    Last edited by Dave.cyco; Aug 31, 2012 at 10:15 PM. Reason: And we're off!