Welcome to the BodyWeightCulture.com.

Threaded View

The Live Clean or Die Trying Challenge!

All right ladies and gentlemen, you asked for it, you got it:

THE LIVE CLEAN OR DIE TRYING CHALLENGE!

The Challenge: To live as cleanly and as healthily as possible for the next year.

No junk food, no overeating, no over-drinking (alcoholic or not) and no starving yourself.

The Challenge begins January 1, 2012 and Ends December 31, 2012

Anyone can join at any time, but the later you join, the harder it is to win because...

We’re keeping score!

The challenge will be scored using a 5 point per day system:
    (Originally this was 10 points, but I realized that was too generous.)

- Each day that you eat clean, you get 5 points.
    - For each thing you eat that you shouldn't you lose a point for that day.
    - For each time you over-eat (like three helpings of dinner) you lose a point for that day.
    - For each time you under-eat, you lose points (one per meal missed).
    - Minimum daily score is zero.
    - Best possible score for the year is 1,825 and if anyone gets it, I will be surprised.

Examples

Junk food: Chips, crisps, chocolate or candy bars, deep-fried foods, cake, cookies, soft drinks, pastries and so on. Also, pretty much everything that is processed and comes pre-wrapped in a pretty plastic or foil packaging.

Your personal food enemies: If you are allergic to cheese, for example, and eat some anyway.

Overeating: Sure, that steak was lean and yummy, but 20 ounces?. Similar, it may have been a very healthy pasta dinner, but 3 helpings? Not so much.

Undereating: Having nothing all day isn't good for you either. If you go through a day on nothing but an apple or a cup of coffee, or a rice cake, you are not eating enough.

Example: Erik goes to work, has a donut for breakfast, a soft drink with lunch, pizza for dinner, and chips for snackies later. Erik loses 4 points for the day, and his score that day would be 1.

Who keeps track?
    You do. And like all challenges, honesty is the most important thing. If you can’t be honest, don’t bother, because you are wasting our time and yours.

- You can record your score daily or weekly.
    - I suggest you record what your breakdowns were, to help make you aware of your eating habits.
    - If you lose track of your days, you have to declare 0 points for each day you didn't track.

(And as a note on that last one, if you don’t record for 6 months, and then declare a perfect score for that time, you’d better have a food diary and a note from your Zen Master, because none of us are going to believe you and you will be disqualified.)

And what will the winner get?

The people's ovation and FAME FOREVER! (thanks, Iron Chef)

AND...

The person with the top score gets to pick the BODYWEIGHT workout that ALL of us will do on January 1, 2013!

Note: The leaders should post their possible workouts 2 weeks in advance of January 1, and do scale them for peoples’ abilities, please.

The winner will be declared after midnight, December 31, 2012.

You want in?

Post on this page. Declare why you are in, your favourite food weaknesses, and just for fun, your worst food habits.

Eat, drink and be merry for the next 9 days, folks because after that, it’s on!
    Last edited by Erik; Dec 22, 2011 at 11:09 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    and
    by Erik Buchanan, published by Dragon Moon Press.

My Blog:
      My Page:
    My Website: