"Murph"

For time:
1 mile Run
100 Pull-ups
200 Push-ups
300 Squats
1 mile Run

In memory of **** Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005.

This workout was one of Mike's favorites and he'd named it "Body Armor". From here on it will be referred to as "Murph" in honor of the focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is.

Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you've got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.

- source
---------------------------

CoolRaul here. One of my facebook friends is doing The "Murph" tomorrow for Memorial Day at his gym in Ohio. He's got like 30+ people taking part. I saw the workout and thought some of us here would love the challenge. Crossfiters started doing this one years ago in honor Lt. Murphy. It seems a popular workout to do on holidays that are based on the Armed Services (Memorial Day, Veterans Day, etc...)

I'm going to try and and fit it in on Monday, but if not, I'll do it whenever. If anyone wants to try it out, let's post our times in this thread.

Here is some more info from my friend Tom's facebook event page, with ideas on how to scale it down for different levels of fitness:

The Workout:

* 1 mile Run
* 100 Pull-ups
* 200 Push-ups
* 300 Squats
* 1 mile Run

For best time!

Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you've got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.

This workout was one of Mike's favorites and he'd named it 'Body Armor.'

A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LT. MICHAEL MURPHY:

Engaged in a frenzied firefight and outnumbered by the Taliban, **** Lt. Michael Murphy made a desperate decision as he and three fellow ***** fought for their lives on a rocky mountainside in Afghanistan's Kunar Province in 2005.

In a last-ditch effort to save his team, Murphy pulled out his satellite phone, walked into a clearing to get reception and called for reinforcements as a fusillade of bullets ricocheted around him. One of the bullets hit him, but he finished the call and even signed off, "Thank you."

Then he continued the battle.

Read more about Murph: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110505/...l_hero_warship

SHOW YOUR TRUE COLORS AND COME JOIN US AS WE SALUTE HIS EFFORTS ALONG WITH ALL OUR MILITARY STANDING TALL !

For those a little nervous about the workout or if you decide to bring your children, here are a few options.

Scaled Challenges:

Fun Fitness ages 12 and under:
400 meter run - 25 ring rows - 50 push-ups - 100 squats - 400 meter run

Teens 13 - 18:
1 mile run - 25 pull-ups - 50 push-ups - 100 squats - 1 mile run

Beginner:
1 mile run - 50 jumping pull-ups - 75 push-ups - 125 squats - 1 mile walk

Intermediate:
1 mile run - 100 jumping pull-ups - 150 push-ups - 200 squats - 1 mile run

Advanced:
1 mile run - 100 pull ups - 200 push ups - 300 squats - 1 mile run

2 Person Team: Each person must do two exercises or split up total reps