Welcome to the BodyWeightCulture.com.

Threaded View

Video Contest Winners!
    Here's the place to see who is the latest winner of our monthly video contests, and to learn more about them.

August, 2009
    Congratulations to Balzaar

July, 2009
    Congratulations to N8tive!

June, 2009
    Congratulations to IdeaMan

A little about Dominick:

I'm honored and I thank everyone who voted for me and gave me encouragement. As for my short bio:
    Enlisted in the Marine Corps 1959
    1970-1990 Shorin-Ryu Karate. 15 years as an instructor.
    20 years of karate has convinced me to pursue power, which rapidly engages the whole body in motion. I weight train and do plyometric and mobility exercises.
    May, 2009
    Congratulations to RikRock (Rik Walsh)

About RikRock: Been physically active my entire life (on and off like most). I'm 43 years old. Did a stint in the Marine Corps, was a boxer, a personal trainer, earned my 1st degree black belt in Tae kwon do and I run my own pond & pool construction business. I do steel sculpture as an additional hobby/ business and I have a beautiful wife and six kids ages 1 - 4.

April, 2009
    Congratulations to Balzaar

A little about Balzaar:

My name is Mart Muru, 19 years old. I live in Estonia.
    Biography: 19, 6'1", 193,5 lbs Location Estonia Interests parkour, freerun, track & field, sprint, bodyweight training, climbing, photography, drawing, art, guitar, fishing, hunting, movie making, writing, movingOccupation Student My Fitness Goals To get better and better everyday!! I started training Parkour in September 2005. In Calisthenics training or Ghetto training as I call it, I started practicing 1-2 years ago. I also do track & field, sprint, started year ago So far I'v been my own coach and here are my pb : 60m - 6,94s, 100m - 11,19s, 200m - 22,21s (indoor). I have won gold in Estonian 60m N-class championship and bronze in 200m men (indoor)

March, 2009
    Congratulations to Balzzar

February, 2009
    Congratulations to IdeaMan (Dominick)

A little about Dominick:

I'm honored and I thank everyone who voted for me and gave me encouragement. As for my short bio:
    Enlisted in the Marine Corps 1959
    1970-1990 Shorin-Ryu Karate. 15 years as an instructor.
    20 years of karate has convinced me to pursue power, which rapidly engages the whole body in motion. I weight train and do plyometric and mobility exercises.

January, 2009

Congratulations to Dave Cyco (
    Dave Landry )

Dave Landry

A Little About Me:
    I view everything in life as a gift from God, including health, happiness, family and even suffering. Stress placed on the body (exercise) stimulates it to grow stronger as long as we know how to recover, just as stress placed on the soul (suffering) does the same, as long as we know how to pray.

I believe we should all do our best to make the most of what we're given and refer all the honour back to God.

DECEMBER, 2008

Congratulations to EvilOne (
    Rick Hamilton )

Rick Hamilton

A Little About Me:
    I have been lifting on and off since 12, have been doing my mixed routine since August 07. My workouts primarily consist of BWE , and adding weight to BWE. I also use kettlebells, sandbags, a few dumbells, and barbells. But by no means do I do what 99% of all gym members do. Thanks for the votes. I am always glad to lend a hand, especially to those who show some consistency in their routines.

NOVEMBER, 2008

Congratulations to SpartanKimura (
    Tyson LaRone)

Tyson LaRone
    Occupation: Strength and Conditioning Instructor (AKC Kettlebell Certified); Registered Massage Therapist

A Little About Me:

I've been a BWCulturist for years now, and bodyweight exercise has always been prominent in my training. I was a competitive swimmer from age 5 to age 15, and aside from the 20 hours a week in the pool, dryland training consisting of high intensity intervals and bodyweight exercise were performed 3-4 times a week. This is also when I was introduced to kettlebells.

After I quit swimming, I began training in Ketto Ryu Ju-Jutsu and Kyokushin Karate, and started my two years at the Somatics Institute of Massage Therapy. Four years later, I switched to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and became an AKC Kettlebell instructor, beginning to apply my own training to the training of others.

I'm currently a blue belt with one stripe in BJJ, under Mike Yackulic and Sylvio Behring, of the Franco-Behring Alliance, and I run the strength and conditioning program for our school.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you have concerning kettlebells, bodyweight exercise, joint mobility or martial arts, I'm always happy to help!

Part I Part II Part III

Want to see your video & bio here? Then enter to win! Click here for more info about the rules & how to submit your video!

Ready to submit your video? This month's contest's already on the way. Click here to post a link to your video now.
    Last edited by administrator; Sep 21, 2009 at 06:34 PM.