PDA

View Full Version : Fight Workouts

Brum09
Aug 11, 2008, 06:03 PM
Hey am new to the forums and stuff but have a few questions and stuff...

could any of you suggest me a workout i could to do to help build muscle and pack on some weight whislt being fighting orientated etc? and the amount of times i should perform these exercises a week? any information would be a great help thanks!

Dave.cyco
Aug 11, 2008, 08:45 PM
Burpees would be great. Bear crawls, kettlebell drills.

Have you ever heard of renegade rows?? Get into position for those, but after the pushup, jump forward with your legs so that they come right up close to the KB or dumbells, then quickly stand up and do a double clean and press, then squat back down and start all over. I gurantee you will put on major size and strength endurance with this move.

I'd suggest being humble and starting with less than 40# each side until you can do them well and for reps, then only increase the weight a little unless you are a monster!

cheesedog
Aug 12, 2008, 01:09 AM
Here's one I've done a few times, it's a real thrasher.

Do each exercise for 45 seconds, then rest 15 seconds, then go to the next and so on.
1. Clean and Push Press
2. Jumping Jacks
3. Front Squats
4. Pushups
5. Overhead Press
6. Burpees
7. Power Snatches
8. Lunges
9. Thrusters
10. Shadowbox
11. Overhead Squat
12. Mountain Climbers
One time through is plenty!

What form of fighting are you into?

Jeev@n
Aug 12, 2008, 03:56 AM
i think the above have covered most of it..i do a circuit at home martial arts and strength orientated since doing it lost loads of weight but gained strength and im pretty happy with the results:

2mins skipping just to warm the muscles up a bit and some light stretching

Wide Grip Dips or Clap push ups x 15
Chin Ups x 10
Kettlebell Clean, Squat and Press x 10 L&R
Pull Ups x 10
Single Arm Swiss Ball Chest Press x 10 L&R
Kettlebell Swings x 10 L&R

after 3 circuits i usually feel done n dusted..after each circuit i spend a min doing some deep stretching.
hope that helps:p

Brum09
Aug 14, 2008, 02:57 PM
Well i dont do any form of fighting just like a change from training specifically for rugby all the time but want to try and increase my body weight whilst doing something different but this is all great stuff thanks!

timfortehwin
Aug 14, 2008, 06:43 PM
You should really try to be eating a lot of clean food as well. This is the most important factor for gaining weight.

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=460331

The above is a great calorie calculator.

Ra101
Aug 29, 2008, 06:38 AM
Try this if your keen. A good strength endurance and anaerobic endurance workout:

Plyometric pushups x5
Squat jumps x10

Kip ups x5
leg crosses x10
(lay on back balancing on lower back with legs and upper body 45 degrees in the air, cross legs over eachother like scissors while holding position (left over right + right over left =1 rep)

ring dips x5
box jumps x10

ring supine rows x5
burpees x10

pistols x5 (each leg)
hanging leg raises x10

Do each exercise group of 2 (eg.dips, box jumps) circuit style for as many rounds possible for 5 minutes.
1 minute rest between exercise groups
finish with 20minutes heavy bag or shadow boxing

have fun!