PDA

View Full Version : me b oxing on heavybag

crazydan
May 06, 2008, 09:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/younghypno187

what do youguys think. the vids are kind of old but nonethe less critique them please.

juggledex
May 06, 2008, 10:06 PM
Keep your hands up. Even after your first jab you return your fist to your chest like you're gassed, and sometimes raise it back up. Here's a tip that might help that; after you throw, bring your fist straight back so that it touches your chin. Touching the chin works as a mental note that your hands are up.

crazydan
May 06, 2008, 10:21 PM
thanks bro. will do.

Jetjaguar
May 07, 2008, 05:07 PM
your jab has got good snap to it. and your footwork seems good . But I would mix the combos up a little; up, down, hooks, cross. get a heavier bag too.

crazydan
May 07, 2008, 05:55 PM
that bag is 150lbs i dont think i could hang a much hevaier bag from my roof

EvilOne
May 08, 2008, 09:43 AM
Hand placement as stated. I like to keep gloves against jaw, reminds you they are there. I was taught to dip my chin into my armpit area when throwing jabs as a little form of protection.

marksmarkou
Jun 02, 2008, 08:53 AM
I dont want to sound like a critique becuase my technqiue is nowhere near perfect either but I would say,

Try not to let your elbow leave the side of your ribs when executing the punch as it leaves you open to a conter there.
Maybe use your body a bit more with the punches so as to create extra power.
keep up the training!

Dienekes
Jun 03, 2008, 08:29 AM
hey i saw the first one (2.30 mins). My only suggestion is to not raise your shoulder so much when you throw that lead, and I'm not sure if you were working jabs or straights, but if you where working jabs try and remember the jab isn't a power blow.

tylerK
Jun 10, 2008, 01:16 PM
Hand placement as stated. I like to keep gloves against jaw, reminds you they are there. I was taught to dip my chin into my armpit area when throwing jabs as a little form of protection.

Good points. I would also add this: keep the chin pinned to your left shoulder as you jab. As you roll your shoulder on the jab, it will cover your chin. If your opponent has a good right hook or shovel hook (or is a south paw with a fast counter jab/hook combo), you don't want to be caught with your chin hanging out in space.

emperor zombie
Jun 12, 2008, 11:20 AM
some tape will keep the hooks from unhooking.

tuck your chin into the punching shoulder.
your right elbow raises when you throw.
your jab loops a bit too much, keep the elbow down and the jab should corkscrew into the bag
(hope that makes sense)
throw multiple jabs...1..11...111
practice jabbing slightly higher than your head level when lunging in and to throw body jabs, lunge in low bending the legs only, dont bend over at the waist.