Week 2
Monday: Squat/Press/Chinup
Wednseday: Front squat/Bench Press/clean
Friday: Squat/Press/Pullup
evrything is 3x5 except chin/pullups those are 3x5-15

im adding tehm in for boxing

cathal
Apr 19, 2008, 04:46 PM
coach sommer makes his trainees do ab exercises mondays, tuesdays,thursdays and fridays. hanging leg raises and hanging windshield wipers are great for abs + obliques. maybe you should do them on all three days you work out

cheesedog
Apr 20, 2008, 01:39 AM
I would just add a heavy ab exercise to the end of the weight workouts. Something like the hanging leg raises or hanging windshield wipers that Cathal mentioned, or dragon flags, weighted or decline situps, etc.

crazydan
Apr 20, 2008, 02:13 PM
so like monday weighted situps.
wednesday hanging leg raises.(should i do these fast? or slow?
and what should i do for obliques?

cathal
Apr 20, 2008, 06:48 PM
so like monday weighted situps.
wednesday hanging leg raises.(should i do these fast? or slow?
and what should i do for obliques?
hanging leg raises are best done slow- 5 seconds up, 5 seconds down. do them with tucked legs until you build strength for straight legs. all of these exercises hit all the abs including the obliques but if you really want to work the obliques more then lean to the side in hanging leg raises. also if you can do hanging windshield wipers then these are probably the best oblique exercises around

crazydan
Apr 20, 2008, 10:09 PM
so what should the workout look like. if i wanted to train them mayby 2-3x a week. thanks bro. i appreciate it. keep in mind my abs get hti hard by deadlifts, squats, bench, OH press, etc

Dominator350
Apr 20, 2008, 10:25 PM
try the L sits. ive been doing these a lot lately.

cheesedog
Apr 21, 2008, 12:54 AM
A couple of good exercises for your obliques are Saxon side bends and Windmills. Do the hanging leg raises in a controlled tempo, don't throw them up and let them drop.

crazydan
Apr 21, 2008, 12:27 PM
alright thanks. so cheesedog since im doing alot of compound excercises do you think 2-3x a week is good? and what excercises do you recomend?

cheesedog
Apr 22, 2008, 01:52 AM
FWIW, I would probably do it like this.

Monday, a heavy front flexion exercise like weighted situps or hanging leg raises

Wednesday, heavy side flexion like side bends, saxon side bends, oblique extensions or oblique hyperextensions

Friday, a rotational exercise like full contact twists, weighted decline russian twists

Do one exercise in each catagory for 3 x 5 just like your other lifts.

Since you do boxing I'm assuming you get plenty of endurance work for the abs at the boxing gym.

crazydan
Apr 24, 2008, 02:10 PM
yah i do Thanks bro.

nready
Apr 25, 2008, 04:22 AM
AB WHEEL! It can do the obliques, angle to each side. Also ab wheel with the use of exercise ball at your feet will help the core also.