PDA

View Full Version : help me with my kickboxing

crazydan
Mar 19, 2008, 05:16 PM
alright i was never good at kicking so i baught a book on kickboxing. basically im trying to currently learn the round houes kick. but i cant keep my balance or kick high. will it slowly come or should i work on splits or something? thanks

Billaros_Vr
Mar 19, 2008, 06:57 PM
You can do what i did:say you want to do a right roundhouse kick:hold a wall with your left hand and kick with your right leg until your leg is paralel to the wall.Then bring the leg back to the floor.Extend the right hand in order to find your balance.Do this drill 50 times for each leg.It will definetely help you.

*remember to pivot your foot when you kick.

cheesedog
Mar 19, 2008, 08:52 PM
That's a good drill. Here's one for balance; it's called pyramid kicks.
Have someone hold a kicking pad (or if by yourself use a heavy bag) about waist height (at first, later you can go higher) and do 1 front leg round kick and set your foot down. Then pick up your foot and do 2 front leg round kicks, set your foot down. Then 3, then 4, and so on up to 10. Gets very hard towards the end. Oh, and if you touch the floor with your kicking foot before you finish a set, you start over at that number, so if you are doing your set of 7 kicks and lose your balance and have to set your foot down on kick #6, you still have to do 7 before you can go on to #8.

crazydan
Mar 19, 2008, 09:11 PM
nice drills guys thanks im gunna try them out

nready
Mar 20, 2008, 11:42 AM
Balance in the beginning stage is one of the physical acts. That means when the muscle is not strong enough to hold you in one place, it vibrates and you lose control.

The next stage is when you realize the mental side of balance. That is when you are able to maintain balance via the past memorized act of having done it so much. There is less strain on the muscle at this stage. It has become easy to do, every now and then though you will still lose balance.

The next stage is when you learn that the minds focus can balance you or unbalance you. It is when your focus is somewhere else and you are not completely focused on the act of real balance. Balance at this stage is dominated through a act of understand. That being to maintain balance one needs to think of, like a string pulled at both ends the center of the sting is the fulcrum. So, you focus from your center upwards, while at the same time focusing downwards, this will give you balance of understand where your center is at all times.

So to understand the reality of balance, the physical is based on understanding that all things are infused with a magnetic field. That field is held in between two other magnetic fields here on earth. The polar north and the polar south. That is how the earth maintains its orbit, and your own balance is of this idea to.