PDA

View Full Version : help mking a wrestling matt

crazydan
Mar 01, 2008, 11:37 PM
me and my bro want to make a mat for home so we can wrestle with eac other. anyideea how to make it? or anything to use in place of a matt to wrestle on?

rickvv
Mar 02, 2008, 09:41 AM
I don't think this will solve your particular problem, but something that I did recently and just love is:

When I finished my basement, 1/2 is carpeted the other 1/2 is laminated floor. The carpeted side of it, I put down 2 layers of carpet pad and then used a nice thick plush carpet. I love it for floor exercises, it would probably be to scratchy for wrestling.

Before I finished my basement, I just had a couple of 9x12 carpet pieces. I experimented with1 layer, 2 layers and 3 layers of carpet pad. I found that going from 1 layer to 2 layers makes a huge difference, but going from 2 layers to 3 layers was hardly noticable.

I would highly recommend anybody with young kids to make a carpeted area with a couple layers of carpet pad.

It does add up money-wise, but I saved alot because I did everything myself.

That's how I made my trampoline platforms too. They're just 3 layers of carpet pad on plywood, with a piece of pond liner over it, with some indoor/outdoor carpeting on top of that. That wasn't cheap either, which is why I need to start using it more to get my wife off my back for spending so much money.

RickVV

crazydan
Mar 03, 2008, 03:47 PM
bump. any help would be appreciated