PDA

View Full Version : Interested in Ginastica Natural

wulfsun
Feb 17, 2008, 12:59 AM
I just finished watching the Fight Quest episode on BJJ and watched the series in slow-mo again; I've noticed that the Brazilian fighters were more flexible and agile then the Americanos. Did some more research and came across Ginastica Natural; came across prasara yogic flow as well. Both are flexible, good strength builders for the body when going to the ground,but I looking for one that flows well with speed of my hands,elbow,knees, etc.

Any insightful comments would be well appreciated; I thank you all in advance:)

Fatman
Feb 17, 2008, 08:24 AM
I saw a demonstration of it on YouTube once. Looks like god stuff - flexibility, agility and endurance combined. Definitely useful for competitive (sport) MMA.

Apart from that, I don't know very much about it.

juggledex
Feb 17, 2008, 10:33 AM
Have you ever watched Fight Quest before? Everywhere they go everyone is way more flexible than them.

Regardless of that, I have no idea what this sentence means:

Ginastica Natural; came across prasara yogic flow as well.

Are you talking about some thing you eat?

phlex
Feb 17, 2008, 11:48 AM
I also had a glance at what ginastica naturale is. It is not "just another yoga school" wich woulde be jiu jitsu oriented. it might be very efficent if praticed daily because the moves used are the basics moves in jiu jitsu to pass guard, gain side control and so on...
I really don't know what kind of yoga prasara, if you know something more about it, tell me.

daeinwolf
Feb 17, 2008, 12:19 PM
Judging from the vids on youtube, it seems similar to the movement drills that I have seen and done in BJJ and MMA practice in the past. It is also very reminiscient of the movement drills that I drill for parkour

wulfsun
Feb 17, 2008, 07:17 PM
I apologize for my poor sentence structure but, prasara yoga is a system of yogic asanas that are more flowing and not as static.

nready
Feb 27, 2008, 03:09 AM
To learn to do the rubber guard one usually learns yoga along with the BJJ, in order to get that flexible. Heck even Edie Bravos book has several thing right out of yoga that need to be practiced for the rubber guard.

Bodyweightdude
Mar 10, 2008, 11:39 PM
I just finished watching the Fight Quest episode on BJJ and watched the series in slow-mo again; I've noticed that the Brazilian fighters were more flexible and agile then the Americanos. Did some more research and came across Ginastica Natural; came across prasara yogic flow as well. Both are flexible, good strength builders for the body when going to the ground,but I looking for one that flows well with speed of my hands,elbow,knees, etc.

Any insightful comments would be well appreciated; I thank you all in advance:)

Try shadowboxing in slow motion; treat it like Tai Chi. Watch your technique and imagine blocking your enemy's strikes, countering his punches, etc. Focus on all of the elements: foot work, clinching, etc. When you hit a blank spot, throw in some push ups or some stretches. Give it a try.