PDA

View Full Version : The Great Gama

world_peace0
Jan 15, 2008, 01:17 PM
Ok, well I've read from various sources that he, the Indian wrestler who died in 1960, won over 5,000 koshti (wrestling) matches. I also read about his workout which they mentioned first considered of daily 3,000 hindu pushups and 1,000 hindu squats. Then, he would go into his other workouts for the day ( they were not mentioned). Would this be something great to start doing? What could these amounts of reps do for the human body? Anything great or beneficial abogut it. Oh by the way, my sources weren't from Matt Furey, so do not get that started. Anyways, what do you all think about that amount of hindu squats and pushups daily, and is it something that people, such as you all or myself should start considering. Thanks for the responses.

juggledex
Jan 15, 2008, 01:55 PM
search feature
http://bodyweightculture.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7821&highlight=gama

Fatman
Jan 18, 2008, 12:18 PM
No. That amount of repetitions would erode your joints after a prolonged period of time. One-tenth of that amount performed every day would probably lead to tendonitis.

Hindu wrestlers suffered from chronic pain in their old age. You don;t need to do thousands of reps per day.