PDA

View Full Version : OverPowering!:D

I<3Pandas
Jan 01, 2008, 11:42 PM
Hello, This is my first post here!:) I just have a few simple questions about fighting and strength for it. Right now I'm going to start a 5x5 Weight Training routine. I do quite rigorous core circuits in Hard day Light day fashion. I skill train with a Speed Bag,Heavy Bag, and Double End Head Bag. I also sometimes do conditioning. My big question here is I really badly want to get Maximal Functional Strength so I can Overcome any opponent, that is my main goal to be able to just throw people off me and handle anything they throw at me. I fight alot, I get extremely aggressive and end up in street fights I do some boxing not amateurly or anything just mess around with friends cause i boxing gym up here is 40 miles away and costs 200 a month. haha but I just want to have the strength to overcome anyone and I dont know where to start! haha Please help me out! Thanks!:)

juggledex
Jan 01, 2008, 11:49 PM
Start wrestling. Wrestlers as the strongest people out there. You can compliment that with a powerlifting routine (a 5x5 ain't bad). Brock Lesnar trained with a 200lb log. When he hit the mat, he had no trouble thowing around a 200lb opponent.

Pawel20
Jan 02, 2008, 04:54 AM
I have advice:

Don't be an idiot and get in lots of fights.

There is a good chance you will eventually get in legal trouble (I know this is no big deal to this tuff guy right?) or someone will pull a weapon on you and you're fucked. You can train weapon defenses, but even something as simple as a knife takes away 90% of your martial arts skills.

timfortehwin
Jan 02, 2008, 06:31 AM
Brock Lesnar trained with a 200lb log. When he hit the mat, he had no trouble thowing around a 200lb opponent.

I swear I also saw something about him sitting in an ice bath for 12 minutes after each workout :|..

But yeah, he was strong.

I<3Pandas
Jan 02, 2008, 02:57 PM
Yeah wrestlers are strong, I wrestled for a year in 3rd grade. There's nowwhere to do that at either. Other wise I proally would!:) Thanks though! And I seem to have worded my original post wrong or just not in enough words. The story is really quite long, but long story short. I have a bunch of old x friends who I hate now and they hate me, they sit on there myspaces and say things to me it aggitates me and I call them out. There WAY to dumb to ever bring a weapon there all burnout and useless ha

EvilOne
Jan 02, 2008, 07:52 PM
Wow good luck, I work with alot of tough guys. Actually They are all inmates. I would rather have someone pull a gun on me than a knife.....

Pawel20
Jan 02, 2008, 11:19 PM
REALLY???? I would way rather be shot a few times.

Erik
Jan 03, 2008, 09:32 AM
I have been neither stabbed nor shot, but I got to say neither sounds like a great deal of fun.

I<3Pandas, I know it's hard to keep your cool when you are surrounded by idiots, but I would suggest doing it anyway. If these one-time friends are being jerks, hang out with other people. If they're saying garbage on myspace, block them out.

This sort of stuff wears a person down. Get away from these idiots and concentrate on your training and the rest of your life.

Now I'm not saying not to defend yourself if someone starts something (because that would be stupid) but you don't need to give yourself more grief by calling them out.

cheesedog
Jan 03, 2008, 12:37 PM
I agree. Prove that you are better than they are by being above the problem. The best revenge is a life well lived!

I<3Pandas
Jan 03, 2008, 02:46 PM
Yeah, I see your point. So I decided to block them, and only fight them if they come to me!:) Thanks!:D

jacktheblack
Feb 04, 2008, 01:25 PM
I swear I also saw something about him sitting in an ice bath for 12 minutes after each workout :|..

But yeah, he was strong.

The last thing I saw Brock do was tap out to a foot lock :)

Fatman
Feb 05, 2008, 01:21 PM
Perhaps, but he's still strong. Saw his training vid.

jacktheblack
Feb 05, 2008, 04:04 PM
Perhaps, but he's still strong. Saw his training vid.

Brock is crazy strong. I loved watching his training (aired on Spike a couple of days before the fight), but it was way to early in his MMA career to take on someone as skilled as Mir. Give him a year to get some reversals and submission escapes down and his strong wrestling back round and work ethic will carry him the rest of the way. He just didn't get the BJJ basics down before jumping in.

Solid08
Apr 15, 2008, 01:51 PM
Jiu Jitsu is always good for overpowering if you aren't that strong considering you use your opponents weight for the throws, but if you aim to get strong as well then wrestling is probably a good one.
http://74.220.207.74/%7Ebodyweig/forum/images/misc/progress.gif http://bodyweightculture.com/forum/images/buttons/edit.gif (http://bodyweightculture.com/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=79923)