PDA

View Full Version : Balancing strength/endurance/speed workouts with MA

Pintar777
Nov 27, 2007, 05:08 PM
Hello, my name's Elijah and I had a question about how to balance my martial art training with things like resistance training. What I do now is resistance on monday wednesday and friday; while I do MA training on tuesday thursday and saturday. What in your opinions in the best way to integrate the two as to get the maximum benefit from them both?

Re Atum
Nov 30, 2007, 08:15 PM
Hello, my name's Elijah and I had a question about how to balance my martial art training with things like resistance training. What I do now is resistance on monday wednesday and friday; while I do MA training on tuesday thursday and saturday. What in your opinions in the best way to integrate the two as to get the maximum benefit from them both?
When I train in MA I will incorporate speed and endurance on one day and strength on any given day, I donít make specific days because I like to keep my body guessing. Sometimes I would do everything on any given day to the point of muscle fatigue but not everyday. Try doing slow forms and techniques with weights then do the same forms and techniques with no weight as fast as you can for as long as you can on any given day preferably when you donít want to.

BrutalityisLaw
Dec 02, 2007, 01:58 PM
You can put them together but if you do, make sure youdo strength before endurance. I personally like to keep them in seperate days for the most part.

crazydan
Dec 03, 2007, 09:20 PM
i recomend u not do speed, strenght, and endurance all at the same time unnless u find a 3 a wekk workout that wroks al of them. i recomedn u do a power fase thena speed fase then an endurance fase. also do it on the non MA days