PDA

View Full Version : Shamrock Workout

EXTRA1
Oct 18, 2007, 06:05 AM
This is one of the workout's that legendary fighter, Ken Shamrock incorporates into his program. I found it out of the book Solo Training by Loren Christensen, a great book with lot's of good training advice. Anyway, here's the workout:

Bodyweight Squats-500

Sit-Ups/Crunches-to failure

3X Pushups-to failure

there we are. I could only do 150 squats, but it's a great workout, especially when incorporated into other's like kettlebell or barbell workouts.

Big Jew
Oct 18, 2007, 08:43 AM
Ken Shamrock or "Can" Shamrock? LOL
No offense I can tell ur a fan.:D

He had his hay day at the beggining of UFC, Pancrase, and early Pride and the rest of the time he was just drama and lame fights. IMO

Oh well the exercise looks like an intense grind of exhaustion and not very fun. But that the Lion's Den way I geuss.:rolleyes:

sifujerry
Oct 18, 2007, 08:42 PM
I'd wager his brother Frank has much more interesting workouts.

my .02

Jerry

BrutalityisLaw
Oct 18, 2007, 09:33 PM
His bro is a user of kettlebells I know that. That stuff seems boring with that number of reps.

xcoregilly
Dec 11, 2007, 10:14 PM
I don't think that this is his workout, this seems more like the entry test for the lions den

Big Jew
Dec 12, 2007, 04:08 PM
I saw some footage of Frank training before his fight with Phil Baroni.
He looked amazing and his workouts were impressive.

IronWolverine
Nov 03, 2009, 09:50 AM
that program is alright.

ARealLifePowerRanger
Nov 09, 2009, 01:25 PM
I'd wager his brother Frank has much more interesting workouts.

my .02

Jerry

If I had to copy one of the shamrock brothers it would be Frank.

vostok
Jan 06, 2010, 12:45 AM
If I had to copy one of the shamrock brothers it would be Frank.

Me too because if one wanted to copy Ken, they'd have to take steroids.

marticus
Jan 06, 2010, 12:55 AM
Me too because if one wanted to copy Ken, they'd have to take steroids.

The same goes for frank

Draykid
Jan 07, 2010, 08:14 PM
I doubt Frank takes steroids.

Also, that workout is...umm, useless. Situps and crunches, while sometimes painful, do nothing for your abs, strength, or conditioning. Pick up something like Building the Gymnastic Body by that Sommer guy, and start doing front lever progressions. There's also much better stuff for everything else there. I'm willing to bet the guy who does pistol squats to one-legged leaps has better strength, explosiveness and conditioning than the guy who does 500 squats and 3 sets of pushups to failure.