PDA

View Full Version : amateur wrestling training

twinwings
Jun 21, 2007, 10:03 PM
I am going to have a good ol' wrestling match with my cousin in around a month. THing is,,we haven't seen each other in 3 years so I don't even know what he looks like. But we've always loved fighting each other and he usually has been tougher except in wrestling where I won. After 3 years..I don't know what has changed in him, but when I meet him I want to destroy him (in a lovely way) so I was looking for any training routines for upper body strength..or any exercise that trains my ability to pick+slam people. Im guessing push=ups are a must,pullups, core training, and my favourite upside-down pushups (military press) any of you have any idea.

Would you guys recommend low reps, or high reps along with static holds between. (IN low reps I can use some kind of weight)

ANy help would be greatly appreciated..

Toro27
Jun 21, 2007, 11:18 PM
Twinwings what type of match are you talking about. Just a free for all no time limit type thing. Or more organized timed rounds. How do you determine a winner by pin submission Tap out.

You said you have not seen him so do you think you will be bigger, smaller in weight and hight.

I my opinion with only a month to train focus on muscular endurance training so that you can outlast him and then when he gases out you can destroy him (in a loving way).

Focus on the basics push-ups, pull-ups,chin-ups, body weight rows. Pulling is very important in grappling arts.But don't just focus on the upper body you need to work your LEGS as well as hips. Squats and lunges should not be neglected power is generated from legs for a lot of grappling moves.

Look for exercise descriptions on this web site.

twinwings
Jun 22, 2007, 08:50 AM
Twinwings what type of match are you talking about. Just a free for all no time limit type thing. Or more organized timed rounds. How do you determine a winner by pin submission Tap out.

You said you have not seen him so do you think you will be bigger, smaller in weight and hight.

I my opinion with only a month to train focus on muscular endurance training so that you can outlast him and then when he gases out you can destroy him (in a loving way).

Focus on the basics push-ups, pull-ups,chin-ups, body weight rows. Pulling is very important in grappling arts.But don't just focus on the upper body you need to work your LEGS as well as hips. Squats and lunges should not be neglected power is generated from legs for a lot of grappling moves.

Look for exercise descriptions on this web site.

I am about 6'2 180 lbs ( not in best shape since I just finished my exams) My cousin should be like 6ft 175lbs. Our wrestling match isn't timed or rpofessional rules don't apply. It's more like street fighting but just without punches. Anyways thx for the answer and don't worry I already ahve a routine for legs.