PDA

View Full Version : wrestling

crazydan
Jun 08, 2007, 05:05 PM
I am going for my first wrestling lesson monday. it is a week long seminar mon-fri for new comers to wrestling. i cant wait. it is only folk wrestling. I will post on how it was and if i have any questions.

crazydan
Jun 11, 2007, 06:55 PM
first day of traiining today. it was fun

cheesedog
Jun 11, 2007, 07:43 PM
What did coach have you do?

crazydan
Jun 11, 2007, 09:48 PM
well it wasnt so much as a beginer course as it was a clinic. i was actually the only beginer =\, but w.e. first i did a drill where you would grab each other and just push and pull each other around. next we did the same thing, but we dropped down and grabbed the one guys leg. next we worked on something called the turk. then we worked on the turk with a pin. then we did something called ride the bull. then we added in 2 ways to pin someone from ride the bull. then the last 30 min we wrestled it was 3 people and you would rotate the people in and out. i lost everytime, but that was mainly because it was my first time wrestling and they hav been wrestling for years. although near the end i was able to hold my own.

cheesedog
Jun 12, 2007, 12:20 AM
Sounds like lots of fun. Keep it up!

crazydan
Jun 12, 2007, 08:22 PM
i will it is a 5 day thing then i willl look forr some new ones

crazydan
Jun 13, 2007, 06:31 PM
anytips or drills for the penetration step I suck at it?

Driftczar
Jun 14, 2007, 12:50 AM
what type of wreslting are youdoing? i do roman greco, and free style during the summer, been wrestling for 5 years now, have a tournament in a month, 4 day tournamnet. U should work on ur endurance, get strenth as you go along, endurance is very imporatnt in a mathc, when the othe rguy is tired by last period and ur not its very helpful.

juggledex
Jun 14, 2007, 10:11 AM
Cool, crazydan, I started training wrestling a few months back, and it's totally turned my around physically. Keep it up!

crazydan
Jun 14, 2007, 07:38 PM
I do folk. i want to learn G-R and freestyle to

plancheismine
Jun 17, 2007, 12:26 PM
good stuff 8) u still in high school dan???
remember to keep in a nice low stance with bent legs and hands in and out in front

crazydan
Jun 17, 2007, 02:48 PM
yah im still in highschool. i am having troubles with takedowns. i only learned the basic double leg takedown. any help with it? also any tips on tieups, hand fighting, and clinching