PDA

View Full Version : Training for Judo

crashstacy
May 31, 2007, 09:21 AM
Really stuck guys, Im a good judo player, but in my weight group everyone is so much bigger than me, tryin to develop power, agility and speed to combat this, any ideas on training and exercises etc?? :?:

cheesedog
Jun 01, 2007, 12:27 AM
Do you do any kind of an exercise program now? At the least, you should be doing squats, lunges, pistols, wrestler's bridges, pushups, dips, handstand pushups, pullups, body rows, and chinups.

Sepanto
Jun 01, 2007, 04:10 AM
I think in Judo, you should include some rotatory movemonts, in addition to what the dog who ate chesse said

crashstacy
Jun 01, 2007, 04:12 AM
Yea at mo im doing.

Day1
Front Squats into standing press max 8 rep fail
Step Ups
Deadlift intoupright row
Lateral Jumps ovr bench
Plank
Bridges

Day2
Wide Chins
Seated Row
Close Grip Chins
Single Arm Dumbell Row Standing
Side Plank
Bridges

Day 3
Fitball Throw Press
Incline DB Press
Decline Press Up
Dips

Day 4
Judo Specific exercises

I want to really use as little weights as possible maybe just buy some heavy db because the gym is exsensive

Do you have any ideas??

Thanks

crashstacy
Jun 01, 2007, 09:42 AM
Also,

Trying to develop an explosive hip action so as to burst by hips below my opponent, only exercise I can think of is to tie a band to myself and an object and throw my hips in thedirection I want?? does anyone hav any better ideas??

cheesedog
Jun 01, 2007, 08:57 PM
Sepanto is right, you need some kind of ratational movement. Russian twists, twist situps, or rainbows are all good.

If you wanted to use weights, I would recommend power cleans, deadlifts, and clean pulls to develop explosive power. Add in deep back and front squats. If you don't want to use weights, do one leg squats, high step-ups, deep lunges, and plyometrics like high jumps and broad jumps to develop your legs.