PDA

View Full Version : Creating my own 300 Workout

luigi_m_
May 25, 2007, 03:47 PM
I like the look of the 300 Workout, but I'm not into weights at all, so I wondered if you could offer some nodyweight alternatives to the following:

50 x 135lb deadlift

50 x floorwipers (I was thinking V-ups)

50 x single-arm clean and press with kettle bell (clap pushups?)

I do have a 10kg weight vest that couldbe utilised.

cheesedog
May 25, 2007, 04:09 PM
Interesting idea! Maybe for the deadlift you could do 50 burpees (with the weight vest if you like punishment), for the floor wipers I would do rainbows, since they are the practically the same range of motion w/o the barbell, and for the 1-h C & P ? That's a little harder to duplicate, maybe pike, divebomber, or hindu pushups to at least get a bit of that "overhead lift" thing going. or since they are CLEAN and presses, you could do the pike pushups or whatever "8-count bodybuilder" style, just do the pike pushup instead of a regular pushup.

luigi_m_
May 25, 2007, 04:16 PM
Cheers for te advice. What are rainbows?

cheesedog
May 25, 2007, 04:25 PM
Lie on your back, with arms spread out and legs pointing straight up. Using your arms to keep steady, you bring your legs straight down to one side, then back up and over to the other side. Good rotational exercise for the core, and good for flexibility as well. Besides rainbows, I have also heard them called windshield wipers.