PDA

View Full Version : any greco-roman wrestlers on the board? (or any other wrestl

crazydan
May 06, 2007, 01:56 PM
i need some help since i am starting out and i was wondering who i could ask the question to.

juszczec
May 07, 2007, 09:14 AM
I don't do greco-roman wrestling but have done generic submission grappling for about 8 years.

Post your questions. I'll help if I can.

Mark

Troll
May 07, 2007, 11:44 AM
I did GR for 9 years.

crazydan
May 07, 2007, 03:45 PM
oo alright thanks guys. troll already helped me but mayby i can get some new information. when trying to perform a takedown or a throw you need to make the opponnet lose balance. are the only ways pushing and pullingg your opponent?

juszczec
May 07, 2007, 04:09 PM
when trying to perform a takedown or a throw you need to make the opponnet lose balance. are the only ways pushing and pullingg your opponent?

Ultimately, yes. You can only off balance the body by pushing on it or pulling on it.

What you do to set up the push or pull depends on how friendly of a contest.

For example, if you attack me and we clinch, I can set you up for a throw by stomping on your knee or shoving my finger in your eye.

That's only gonna fly in a very unfriendly contest.

In a friendly one (like a sporting match or sparring session, one where you want the other guy to get up afterwards) any kind of distraction can work (I knew people who'd blow the other guy a kiss or snap their fingers or something to make them lose focus).

Mark

crazydan
May 07, 2007, 05:03 PM
o alright. so lets say im trying to incorporate it into ufc i could punch the guy then pull him then throw him? or something like that? also when doing greco i cant do that so i guess i will push and pull th guy till he is off balance then suplex him :D. I havent actualy learned the suplex yet. lol

crazydan
May 07, 2007, 06:06 PM
me and my bro prACTIE by just ushing each other until one fall we will soon incorporate throws and takedowns

Edit: i learned my first move today. it is when you grab the back of the guys head or neck and then pull down while stepping back. the shock and since he should be off balance will make it easy for me to throw him to the floor.

juszczec
May 08, 2007, 05:11 PM
o alright. so lets say im trying to incorporate it into ufc i could punch the guy then pull him then throw him? or something like that?

Something like that. But you've got to be able to judge which direction he's going. For example, if you punch him in the head and it forces him to go backwards a single/double leg might be the better attack as opposed to pulling him back to you for something else

Similarly, if he's already coming forward, then throwing him in such a way that you've got to move him backwards is going to be much harder.

Mark