PDA

View Full Version : Full Contact sparring raises my testosoterone?

Sepanto
Apr 27, 2007, 08:02 AM
Having begun full contact fighting (MMA, Till KO or resign) I found that I grow beard far more quickly than before, (Note that there is now "Sfirat Haomer (ספירת העומר)" because of which i don't shave for a few weeks, and as such I notice my growth far more than I usually do.

Is it possible that full contact sparring, and violence in general are increasing my testosterone. I seem to also get more hair having won a fight, than after having lost one.

Would like to hear your opinions, as well as to hear any information you have on this subject.

koltz
Apr 27, 2007, 09:06 AM
yes it does , studies have shown ( and also dumb experiments on braniac in discovery channel) that how you feel about yourself can either lower or raise your nut juice .

(they managed to lower a bouncers testosterone from 900 to 700 in two hours and a "nice guys" or "new mans" test from less then 100 to 300 in the same time)

for example it explains why emo kids are called kids when there about 18
if you know what I mean.

Sepanto
Apr 27, 2007, 12:26 PM
How can you raise/lower your male-hormone? besides FCS, cuz taking a knee to the face hurts...

cheesedog
Apr 30, 2007, 12:13 AM
I remember reading about a study done a while ago; researchers found that men had a big surge of testosterone while watching sports if their favorite team won, and a big drop if that team lost.

Hard training, as long as you don't overtrain, should cause some rise in test, at least for awhile. I would think that if your body gets used to your routine, your test wouldn't rise as much, and starting a new program would give you that rise again.

I know that when I'm doing a lot of sparring, I have all the symptoms of higher testosterone like more competiveness, more energy and self-confidence. Interestingly enough, another study found that guys with lower test are often MORE aggressive than higher test men, because lower test can make you irritable and unhappy with yourself.

brutality is law
May 02, 2007, 04:04 PM
There's no such thing as overtraining in any combot situation.

koltz
May 02, 2007, 05:21 PM
but guys with lower test (as found by another study) seem to loose more :)

showing aggressiveness is a sign of weakness basically , you need to KNOW your it , and it should give you confidence , thus relaxation and control , but the ability to go all out when you want to.

I got a nice list(written in the most bastardized english in the world) for myself about things\thoughts that make me pumped....
it is a powerfull psycheup for anything.

fatdragon
Sep 03, 2007, 01:00 AM
guys with lower test are often MORE aggressive than higher test men, because lower test can make you irritable and unhappy with yourself.

Commonly known as 'Small dog syndrome'

cheesedog
Sep 04, 2007, 02:13 AM
Commonly known as 'Small dog syndrome'

Yep, or a Napoleon Complex :)

David43515
Sep 04, 2007, 04:20 AM
Yeah, alot of it has to do with how you see yourself. I remember one of my psych teachers telling us about a study where guys whose opinions were ignored began producing less testoserone and guys who were treated like leaders (during the test) began producing more.

Reminds me of the old saying "The more pussy you get, the more pussy you get...and the less pussy you get, the less pussy you get." Remember confidence is 1/2 the battle. (And chicks can smell desperation):mrgreen: