PDA

View Full Version : Fight at the end of schoolyear... =/

Chico
Aug 31, 2006, 10:05 PM
I don't know if it will be true but a guy that hates me, (and i hate him too) wants to fight at the end of the school year and he looks in a great shape lol =/ ... I weight 135 pounds and im 17 years old and im in a decent shape too. I know I shouldn't lift weight to prepare for a fight so that's why i want to ask you what should I do to be able to beat him?

ek2
Aug 31, 2006, 10:32 PM
Throw poop at him :P

koltz
Sep 01, 2006, 06:04 AM
why not lift?........

I'd do katas with a ressitance shirt only thing resistance shirts don't exist yet except for one prototype made by me :)

fichmant
Sep 01, 2006, 08:18 AM
the Q is do you realy want to fight with him? becouse you know when you are 18 you can be thrown to jail...

but remmber the importent thing is the technique... and i can't help with that...

plancheismine
Sep 01, 2006, 12:08 PM
Learn the basics of boxing. jab-cross-hook-uppercut combo should be good. :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaO1aLwk53Y&mode=related&search=
and a double leg takedown. wrestling move
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3Sjq9XOIzA
you'll win for sure :wink:

Starclassic
Sep 02, 2006, 12:01 PM
Just make sure that if you do fight him you only retaliate his moves. Dont start it and dont completely kill him. Use his inertia and energy against him. Like if he charges you, throw him and nothing more. Okay maybe if he does it again put him in a arm or wrist lock but just enough to end the fight with minimal bodily damage. If you're school administration is really on the ball then they'll be all over the fight in no time so make sure that when they show up you're just keeping your attacker from doing anything.

Think of the difference in effort. It would take alot of energy to punch and kick and forcefully grapple the attacker. But, how much energy would it take to simply throw him in the direction he's already moving?

koltz
Sep 02, 2006, 12:13 PM
Why not , arrange him an accident a day before the fight?

Arabian Goggles
Sep 02, 2006, 07:13 PM
Don't think about it anymore than you need to. Get in as good of shape as you feel you can. It doesn't matter how you do that, just do it. On the last day of school walk up and kiss his girlfriend, then raise your fist at him and shout, "What?!"
When he flinches, just walk away laughing. You win, no cops involved.

99benmoore
Sep 03, 2006, 04:00 AM
you are 135lbs... I suggest gaining some mass before you think about starting a fight with anyone... at least 150lbs for christs sake lol.

When it gets to the floor (which pretty much all fights do...) then you will be screwed in teh grappling :(

Chico
Sep 03, 2006, 09:01 PM
hehe...
i will try to follow some exercises from this site and with this i will gain strenght and weight :)

Baofuhaibo
Sep 05, 2006, 03:06 PM
Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Power Clean, Pullup!

Don't squat and deadlift on the same day!

plancheismine
Sep 05, 2006, 10:46 PM
to most important things for this fight is strength and your fighting tactics

Chico
Sep 06, 2006, 12:10 AM
hey what do you think would be the best martial art to practice?
i already did tae-kwon-doe for like 2 years and judo for 1 year...
maybe kung-fu or boxing would be the best?

Baofuhaibo
Sep 06, 2006, 01:48 PM
Not Kung Fu. Re-go over your Judo training. A well placed throw requires much less energy and deals much more damage than a strike, with much less risk for injury. Go back to Judo, or take boxing. An Osoto Gari, followed by a bare naked choke will take him completely out of the fight, minimal harm.

Baofuhaibo
Sep 06, 2006, 02:48 PM
Just play Metal Gear Solid 3, Colonel Volgin has a scene which he uses many strikes just to take the main character down. Ealier on, snake takes out 6 guards with 1 throw each. Classic striking vs. grappling.

VingTsunMonkey
Sep 12, 2006, 10:09 PM
Take Wing Chun and lay him to waste lol.

Walk away. As Sun Tzu once put it: "The greatest skill is not in defeating an enemy through force, but beating him without harm". If you walk away you win, but if you have NO other choice, I'm happy to put in my 2 cents 8)

A good tactic is to wait for him to strike, if he throws a jab, slip it and boot him in the knee from an angle, NOT head on (unless you want to go to jail). The kick should land with your foot turned, so you're hitting the knee with the arch of your foot. Also, it should NOT be chambered (like you see in karate or tae kwon do), think of the kick like you're trying to 'step up' on his knee. Don't bring your leg back after it contacts his knee, just step through with it to the ground, hopefully pinning his leg to the floor. If he throws a hook, duck under it and take his knees. After either, mount and pound away. Or apply a joint lock. If you don't know any joint locks for some reason, find a wrestler, be his friend.

Whatever you decide to try and do, drill it over and over and over and over and over until you do it in your SLEEP. When the time comes, and the adrenaline hits your system, you want it to be swift and decisive.

plancheismine
Sep 14, 2006, 01:05 PM
wing chun takes a while to learn and you are more likely to be sued more if you do a martial art...
but wrestling isn't a ma.....

VingTsunMonkey
Sep 14, 2006, 07:08 PM
I fully disagree :-D lol

Wrestling would be held against you in court just as much as any other martial style. The only difference w/ wrestling is you have more control, therefor it's a viable school sport since people can't get injured as easily.

Chico
Sep 14, 2006, 07:19 PM
I would love to do a martial art... i did Tae-kwon-doe for like 2 years but i stopped. I look between Wing Chun(if there is in my city), Kung-Fu and Boxe.
What's the difference with Kung-Fu and Wing Chun?

VingTsunMonkey
Sep 14, 2006, 07:32 PM
Wing Chun is a style of Kung Fu. There really isn't a martial art called 'kung fu'... Kung Fu itself encompasses almost 2,000 different styles of Chinese martial arts. Everything from Wushu to Wing Chun falls under that catagory, it's very rich and deep.

Moonduck
Sep 16, 2006, 02:52 AM
Pfft, walk away. It ain't worth it. It's just puffed up bully bravado. 10 years from now, you won't care, and he won't remember it. No one else will either.

1rickloyd1
Sep 29, 2006, 11:43 AM
When does your school year end? you posted something in september for a fight that may be 9 months away. Forget about it or buy him a piece of cake. dont pay attention to the guy and he will probbaly foret in 9 MONTHS!!

amorelli
Sep 29, 2006, 05:28 PM
Pfft, walk away. It ain't worth it. It's just puffed up bully bravado. 10 years from now, you won't care, and he won't remember it. No one else will either.
I'll second this one. As Nixon (in one of his better moments) said: "Always remember: others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

ejempire
Sep 30, 2006, 03:40 AM

walking away is all fine n dandy..but wat if the fight is forced on2 him? i wudnt take the chance of a fight not happening and subsequently not training for the situation. id say train boxing or muay thai for ur stand up although i wudnt kick above the waist in a fight..and also u prob shud go bak 2 ur judo as well since ur alredi familiar with it. almost all street fights go 2 the ground so u shud be prepared 4 that. and all in all good luck n watch out 4 the big right haymaker if u cant avoid fighting him lol

Dave.cyco
Oct 15, 2006, 07:05 PM
Amorelli and 1rickloyd1 and Moonduck put it best.

Don't worry Chico, the fight won't be forced on you. This guy has actually scheduled it with you. He probably wanted to look tough for his friends at the time, but he doesn't want to look like a bully (who does?). My money says he's hoping you forget about it so that HE doesn't have to fight YOU!

Chico
Oct 15, 2006, 09:40 PM
I'll second this one. As Nixon (in one of his better moments) said: "Always remember: others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

hehe, when he'll push me on my back, even if i don't hate him now i would hate him and there is only one thing to do, win the fight and make him remember to not harass me

Phil
Dec 17, 2006, 12:42 PM
Hey man,

someone wants to fight you? i would try to avoid a fight. people may say that you are a ... ( i dont know the right word in english for someone who is frightened. in germany we say "angsthase")
an avoided fight is a fight which you won.

greetings

phil

nt4sell
Dec 20, 2006, 12:32 PM
Id have to agree with evryone who said forget about it.
If he wants to wait till the end of the year hes not to serious, but id still keep an eye on him.
When i was 11 or 12 my best friend wanted to fight me, he outweighed me by 20 or 30 lbs and was about 6 inches taller. I blew him off several times thinking it would pass (friends for for about 7 years - petty argument didnt think it would last). I was wrong, one day out of nowhere he took a cheap shot at me in the back of the head breaking his hand, he pushed the knuckles to his pinky and ring finger halfway into his hand and acomplished nothing but pissing me off.I turned around and started swinging, it wasnt long before he was trying to keep me back and not really attacking with either hand. I lost a good friend that day but i gained a ton of respect for standing up to a guy so much bigger than me.

Chances are itll pass but dont let your guard down.
Whatever happens be prepared and do not under estimate anyone.

sifujerry
Apr 11, 2007, 01:03 PM
Walk away if you can BUT......

I'm going to take a different tactic.

Organize the fight. Charge admission. Bet against yourself. Get knocked out.

You win in the end.

{;0)

Jerry

crazydan
Apr 11, 2007, 09:39 PM
not sure if i read this correctly, but is it true that you shouldnt chamber your kick?

TheBerserkerHobo
Apr 14, 2007, 10:54 AM
Find a local boxing gym, they're everywhere. The internet isn't going to help you. Boxing will get you in shape for the fight in a couple of months. Bulk up for it as well. You're going to learn nothing useful in this short amount of time unless it's something as brutally simple as boxing. Touch up on your Judo as well. Boxing will help you most right now, and gyms are cheap as hell and everywhere. I'd suggest Muay Thai mixed with your Judo, but that'll require more time than you have and more money. Just go for boxing. Find it, today, and go there. You're not going to be prepared from reading things on the internet.

wattseaco
Apr 28, 2007, 11:13 AM
If you're going to street fight, fight dirty. Here are a few easy ways to subdue your assailant:

1. Throwing dirt in his eyes and then hit him in the adams apple.

2. Kick him in the testicals then strike his nose with your forehead.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headbutt
3. Kick one of his kneecaps then slam your knee into his face.

You can mix and match these moves. The eyes, nose, upper lip, chin, adams apple, stomach, testicals, and knees are some good targets.

Your knees and elbows are some of your best weapons, but you would need to be pretty close to use them. Polish up on a few moves of your choice and train so they become second nature.
http://www.dolfzine.com/page707.htm

It's better not to fight, people are so quick to sue nowadays.

You can also defuse the situation with humor. Before a fight, some guys will take off their shirt to show their "manliness". If he does this, take off your shirt, but don't stop there. Take off your shirt, shoes, pants, shocks, and then underwear. He'll probably be too confused and shocked to want to fight a naked man with an erection. Oh yeah, the erection is optional but highly recommended. :D

evilman
May 26, 2007, 03:04 PM
Not Kung Fu. Re-go over your Judo training. A well placed throw requires much less energy and deals much more damage than a strike, with much less risk for injury. Go back to Judo, or take boxing. An Osoto Gari, followed by a bare naked choke will take him completely out of the fight, minimal harm.

Yea.. Judo is very nice in streetfights.
And an underestimated sport.

It can help you allot since you arent very heavy also.
Imo teakwondo is pretty much usless.
At least the olympic version which ive only seen.
Also mindset is just as important as being fit..
so try to work on it. Perhaps you can avoid it.

Sepanto
May 26, 2007, 03:12 PM
having been thrown on pavement using an ippon seionage, i can attest - you can't recover from it in less than 15-20 minutes, espcially if you land on your head...

plancheismine
May 28, 2007, 11:42 AM
did this fight ever happen?

leeb51
Jul 12, 2008, 04:44 AM
Just make sure that if you do fight him you only retaliate his moves. Dont start it and dont completely kill him. Use his inertia and energy against him. Like if he charges you, throw him and nothing more. Okay maybe if he does it again put him in a arm or wrist lock but just enough to end the fight with minimal bodily damage. If you're school administration is really on the ball then they'll be all over the fight in no time so make sure that when they show up you're just keeping your attacker from doing anything.

Think of the difference in effort. It would take alot of energy to punch and kick and forcefully grapple the attacker. But, how much energy would it take to simply throw him in the direction he's already moving?

i agree with this answer. dont start the fight, stay relaxed and loose and react to your opponents attacks. if he charges you, step to the side and push him as he flies past you. keep it simple, if a kick to the nuts is all it takes, then thats all you need. the hardest thing in a fight is getting hit and if you arent used to being hit maybe you should do a bit of sparring at a boxing gym.

cheesedog
Jul 12, 2008, 08:20 PM
Talk about a thread from the dead.

EvilOne
Jul 12, 2008, 08:51 PM
Yeah I advised the grave digger about forum etiquette

Dave.cyco
Jul 12, 2008, 09:30 PM
Personally, I don't care as long as this thread doesn't come after my brains!

cathal
Jul 12, 2008, 09:35 PM
hopefully this wont turn into another debate on which martial art/fighting style will best serve you in a fight

Chico
Jul 12, 2008, 10:16 PM
Holy SHIT the old thread I started.
The fight never happened.
But DAMN I was ignorant at that time... Only 2 years ago.
I shouldn't lift weight to prepare for a fight? wtf lol.
Well I was weighing 135 now I weigh 150 so... good stuff.
I do BJJ, Muay thai and wrestling also now, very fun, I will never ask a question like that again haha.

Damn I learned a lot since I registered to this site.

cheesedog
Jul 13, 2008, 12:26 AM
And suddenly the happy ending! :) ;)

leeb51
Jul 13, 2008, 03:20 AM
please accept my humblest apologies oh great ones!!

cheesedog
Jul 13, 2008, 05:44 PM
please accept my humblest apologies oh great ones!!

No worries! Sometimes it's fun to see an old thread and kick it around again.

Fatman
Jul 14, 2008, 05:27 AM
hopefully this wont turn into another debate on which martial art/fighting style will best serve you in a fight

LOL... yeah, that was my first concern too... :)

The "Best Martial Art" thread seems to have scarred us for life.

Jay Cooper
Aug 21, 2008, 02:23 PM
The "Best Martial Art" thread seems to have scarred us for life.

Unnecessarily too....we all know the answer is Tae Bo

Patrick1968
Aug 21, 2008, 02:40 PM
Unnecessarily too....we all know the answer is Tae Bo

Nope - it's body combat! Honestly - I've seen those guys in the studio and they look mean. If I had to fight one of them though I'd just get on a different music beat to them and they'd never come close. I'd be like a ghost - only not dead, obviously.

Patrick1968
Aug 21, 2008, 02:44 PM
Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Power Clean, Pullup!

Don't squat and deadlift on the same day!

That truly is one of the bests posts on here. If all the "can someone write me a programme which will make me hooooge, I wanna 6 way split and plenty of work for my outer head of tricep and my soleus too" posters did this, there'd be a whole lot more muscular and strong individuals walking the earth.

Baofuhaibo - you deserve a standing ovation!:D

Dominator350
Aug 21, 2008, 03:10 PM
what about the abdominals!?

Patrick1968
Aug 21, 2008, 03:55 PM
Damn - you caught me there! :oops: okay ... add a few sit ups for good measure!

Oh and some reverse wrist curls, seated calf raises, side lateral raises, shrugs, leg extensions, reverse cable flyes, concentration curls, tricep kickbacks, errr. In fact, ignore my previous post! Clearly you need more than the big 5 exercises...what was I thinking!!!

Fatman
Aug 22, 2008, 08:39 AM
what about the abdominals!?

Worked in every one of the exercises he mentioned (ab contraction on a heavy bench press is amazing). But you could throw in some weighted situps if you like or leg raises with ankle weights.