PDA

View Full Version : Double end bag

Raja
Jan 28, 2010, 12:46 AM
Just set up my brand spankin new double end bag! Not sure if my landlord will approve :p.

I'm used to the heavy bag, shadowboxing, and the speed bag but this is a totally different beast. I can barely hit this thing coherently. Any tips?

AshersUK
Jan 28, 2010, 03:43 AM
Good choice! I was on a double end bag yesterday for a round as we were doing circuits on the different bags. Man those things are lethal, best bet is to start off with jabs till you get used to the thing flying back at you. My drills yesterday were.

Jab + Dodge + Dodge + Dodge. Dodging either side of it as it swings back.
Jab + Dodge + Dodge + Cross
Jab + Dodge + Cross + Lead Hook
So on..

It flows eventually, if I don't dodge it generally comes back faster than I can throw my next punch unless it's another jab, even taking it lightly these things don't half swing about, I do enjoy it though, gets me on my feet and I find myself dodging constantly after just 1 round on this baby where as usually I'd be ever so slightly more static *slaps wrists*

Just have a play about and enjoy =)

EvilOne
Jan 28, 2010, 09:38 AM
yeah dont hit it hard, unless your ready to move. you will get smoked in the face on the return.

cheesedog
Jan 29, 2010, 01:10 AM
yeah dont hit it hard, unless your ready to move. you will get smoked in the face on the return.

Go ahead and do it, it'll teach you to not blink when you get hit in the face! :p

Raja
Jan 29, 2010, 02:09 AM
Well one thing I found out is I need to get back to basics with my punches. I tend to 'push' my punches rather than pop them. The bag doesnt respond normally when I do this. I got a nice jab going but my right cross needs work.