PDA

View Full Version : Out of shape!

Shorty101
Jan 16, 2010, 05:39 PM
i have got my self out of shape terrible i know. but im here to get back in to it. :), i plan to take up one, two mabey three diffrent stiles (my aims are to get fit(lose weight cardio etc) get fast and get some balence and coradiantion)

I was thinking of preahps karate, ninjustu and possibly wing chun/keet do jo (also i intend to take up yoga)

for my aims do u think its a good idea, would u sujest anything diffrent, any traing before i start etc ? (i wont be able to start untill may time (i hope to get in half desient shape by then) :P thanks guys

Tgarber77
Jan 16, 2010, 06:57 PM
i have got my self out of shape terrible i know. but im here to get back in to it. :), i plan to take up one, two mabey three diffrent stiles (my aims are to get fit(lose weight cardio etc) get fast and get some balence and coradiantion)

I was thinking of preahps karate, ninjustu and possibly wing chun/keet do jo (also i intend to take up yoga)

for my aims do u think its a good idea, would u sujest anything diffrent, any traing before i start etc ? (i wont be able to start untill may time (i hope to get in half desient shape by then) :P thanks guys

Great intentions. However, I would star out with just one of those disciplines and progress to more than one.

Shorty101
Jan 16, 2010, 07:06 PM
??? i will take that on bored thanks. just one question why ?

Tgarber77
Jan 16, 2010, 07:16 PM
??? i will take that on bored thanks. just one question why ?

because too much + too soon = burnout. also, you should progress into physical activity a little bit at a time to avoid injury.

Shorty101
Jan 16, 2010, 07:21 PM
i wont be starting untill i start to live at home (about 4 months) untill then i plan to be working out a lot. espacaly in inproving my endurance and cardio/weight loss :). but thanks i think you will proberly be right :)

olinek
Jan 16, 2010, 08:01 PM
nah its a terrible idea.

Stick with one but I would say martial arts are meant for learning to fuck shit up. Exercise is made for getting in shape.

iluvpackers
Jan 16, 2010, 10:21 PM
If your going to do anything I would choose wing chun... best thing ever

vostok
Jan 18, 2010, 05:41 AM

Take up boxing, you'll get into great shape and burn a lot of fat.

Bissen
May 10, 2010, 05:20 AM
Take up boxing, you'll get into great shape and burn a lot of fat.

I'll second that. Karate can do something for you to some degree, but it is nothing near as intense as boxing (ok, of course it depends on your coach).