PDA

View Full Version : Need some variations in my daily routines

Cocho
Oct 16, 2009, 04:35 AM
Good morning!

I was just wondering if someone could help me make some changes in my old routines (I'm thinking about training), because I'm all out of ideas right now.

The thing is; me and some friends of mine are arranging a local meeting 3-6 times a week where we spar and work on techniques etc. but I'm afraid some of the guys might get bored of the same work out routines after a while, and therefor I'm asking you to help me figure out a new program with the purpose to make a fighter even stronger, faster and more persevering.

And if it makes it easier for you to figure out which exercises we need to work on I can tell you that we're practicing MMA, with focus on Boxing, Karate (Shotokan), Ju Jitsu and some Muay Thai.

Thanks in advance!

-Cocho

Erik
Oct 16, 2009, 09:54 AM
Are you looking for new exercises or new martial arts drills or something else?

Cocho
Oct 16, 2009, 10:43 AM
Sorry for that one. My bad :P I will try to explain a little more in details this time.

I'm looking for some workout exercises which will help me and my friends to improve our skills in MMA, with focus on Boxing, Karate, Jiu Jitsu and some Muay Thai.

Plain and simple; A workout program for MMA.

But if you just can figure out a few exercises I will appreciate it too.

All i need is something new, so that the other guys don't get tierd of the same old routines :)

TheMasterKey
Oct 16, 2009, 10:47 AM
Sorry for that one. My bad :P I will try to explain a little more in details this time.

I'm looking for some workout exercises which will help me and my friends to improve our skills in MMA, with focus on Boxing, Karate, Jiu Jitsu and some Muay Thai.

Plain and simple; A workout program for MMA.

But if you just can figure out a few exercises I will appreciate it too.

All i need is something new, so that the other guys don't get tierd of the same old routines :)

Using boxing as an example, are you looking for:

x rounds shadowboxing
x rounds heavybag

Or general exercises to perform:

pushups
pullups
squats

:confused:

Cocho
Oct 16, 2009, 12:15 PM
Yeah, but those are the old school exercises. Sure they work just perfect, but after 4 months even I get tierd of doing that :P

But thanks anyway. I will let the others know that there are more people on this earth that thinks shadowboxing is a good exercise. Because I'm the only one with a boxing background. The other guys came from karate and fitness kickboxing befor we made our "MMA club".

olinek
Oct 16, 2009, 04:54 PM
But thanks anyway. I will let the others know that there are more people on this earth that thinks shadowboxing is a good exercise. Because I'm the only one with a boxing background. The other guys came from karate and fitness kickboxing befor we made our "MMA club".

I did some 10 years of karate.. probably shadow boxed every single session I ever went to??????????????????

Raja
Oct 16, 2009, 10:28 PM
Sandbag training would be a fun addition.
What equipment do u have?

Cocho
Oct 17, 2009, 03:11 PM
I like shadowboxing ^^ I do it alot at home just for the fun and exercise.

We got 2 sandbags, one for kickboxing (65kilos) and one for boxing (40kilos), we also got some pads for pucnhing and kicking. Every one of us got our own set of rubberguards and gloves (one pair for bags and one pair for spar).

We're training at a Training Stadium with a track for running, a room with weights for those who wants to pump some iron, a big hall with mats and all the stuff you need for gymnatics.

In other words; I think we got almost everything we need for a while. But if you got some tips for equipment we will need, just tell me ^^

Raja
Oct 18, 2009, 12:45 AM
You've got all the equipment you need for sure. There's just too much you can do with all that. I'd reccomend going through our workoutlogs for ideas.

Cocho
Oct 18, 2009, 10:37 AM
Its alot of reading there for sure. I just hoped some of you got a workout plan that worsk and paste it here or something.

But I will take a look at the logs ;)

Raja
Oct 18, 2009, 11:28 PM
One problem with designing workouts is you have no idea what someone's fitness level is. Probably the best thing to do is push people to the limit. To the point where you are screaming for air :)

championjc
Oct 19, 2009, 01:43 AM
that's the way to go^^ look to do that with all the main muscle groups i.e. upper body, core, and legs. toss those sandbags around as if they were people the easier that is the easier it will be to do with real people. you could make a competition out of who can do the most lifts or squats or some other exercise to get everyone working on strength and endurance.

Cocho
Oct 19, 2009, 09:56 AM
We're all in good shape. We have all been working out in the gym for a while. But for the last weeks we have all used some of our workout days for sparring. So I guess we're able to push ourself hard. We also got some skills in MA.