PDA

View Full Version : bodyweight circuit for wrestlers

andy3
Sep 30, 2009, 08:15 PM
Hey guys, i'm a wrestler in high school and i'm in good condition. But I would like to know some good bodyweight circuits if you have any. Specifically tailored to fit a wrestlers conditioning needs. Like 3 2 min. periods. Thanks in advance!

andy3
Oct 24, 2009, 08:54 PM
why isn't anyone helping me? haha

n8tive
Oct 24, 2009, 09:05 PM
because all you have to do is read some workout logs, look at old threads here and you will get exactly what you are asking for.
Try looking in Eric's workout log - he does some nice circuits. Here are some other names to check out......evilone, itlives, cheesedog, masterkey....... the list can go on and on of logs that you could read and ask questions in and get the help you want.

Erik
Oct 24, 2009, 10:33 PM
Hey guys, i'm a wrestler in high school and i'm in good condition. But I would like to know some good bodyweight circuits if you have any. Specifically tailored to fit a wrestlers conditioning needs. Like 3 2 min. periods. Thanks in advance!

Dude, build your own. First figure out which muscles you really want to train, then which exercises work those muscles. Then go for it.

Meanwhile, here's mine to get you started:

Circuits: 1 min per set, 10 sec to change, 1 minute running on the spot between circuits

Circuit 1: Jumping Jacks, Hor. Pullups, Squats, Bicycle Crunch, 3-count drill
Circuit 2: Alternating Toe Touch, Pushups, Leg Curls, Back Extension, Star Jumps
Circuit 3: Standing Knee to Elbow, Chin Ups, Lunges, Mason Twists, 8-Count Bodybuilders
Circuit 4: Bob & Weave with Twist, HSPU, 60lb Deadlift, Supermans, Kick Throughs
Circuit 5: Mountain Climbers, Hindu PU, Step Ups, Leg Pump, Burpees

itlives
Oct 25, 2009, 07:20 PM

Careful what you ask for
Let's see what condition your condition is in. Do this (you may have to look some of them up- most are on you tube)
100 Burpees
90 Jumpimg Jacks
80 Split Jumps (left/right = 1)
70 Kick- thrus (left/right=1)
60 Mountain Climbers
50 Body Weight squats
40 Push-ups
30 V-ups
20 jumping pull-up
10 horizontal rows
Happy Sweating!:mrgreen:

Lovro
Oct 25, 2009, 08:06 PM
Careful what you ask for
Let's see what condition your condition is in. Do this (you may have to look some of them up- most are on you tube)
100 Burpees
70 Kick- thrus (left/right=1)
Happy Sweating!:mrgreen:

Uuu, that's mean. Nice. :mrgreen:

itlives
Oct 26, 2009, 10:33 AM
Well, he asked :twisted:
I've done this workout w/20lb vest on for half of it (burpees,split-jumps,squats,push-ups and jumping pull-ups).
It is a killer!

andy3
Oct 26, 2009, 09:23 PM
Thanks! yeah i had a few circuits of my own but just wanted what some of you guys thought would be good. I'll try it and see what happens;-) And yeah, i know what each of those exercises are.

itlives
Oct 26, 2009, 09:26 PM
You ought to start a work out log and share some of your routines;-)

Raja
Oct 31, 2009, 09:44 PM
I second that. Nothing sets you up for critique quite like aworkout log lol.

vostok
Dec 05, 2009, 05:13 AM
Masterbate a lot, but make sure you switch hands every other time, so both hands are equally as strong.