PDA

View Full Version : extreme kicker

wesam
Sep 12, 2009, 06:25 AM
i thought i have to share this,last night i saw a friend of mine who i haven't seen in 10 months,he never been involved in any kind of martial arts in his life,but last night he was holding a standing full split (like chloe bruce kinda thing) and he kept kicking round house kicks pretty fast(at this height) for about 5 minutes,that's not it ,he was also hanging about 22 lbs on his ankle and his leg never went down until the 5 minutes ended, how could this be humanly possible in just 10 months,i hope that any of you who know of anyone who ever reached this kind of freaking level of kicking please share your experience with me,thanks in advance.

Raja
Sep 13, 2009, 12:25 AM
The real question would be if he has any power in those kicks. Kicks can be fancy but they arent the ones with the power.

bloodriotiori
Sep 13, 2009, 12:31 AM
i thought i have to share this,last night i saw a friend of mine who i haven't seen in 10 months,he never been involved in any kind of martial arts in his life,but last night he was holding a standing full split (like chloe bruce kinda thing) and he kept kicking round house kicks pretty fast(at this height) for about 5 minutes,that's not it ,he was also hanging about 22 lbs on his ankle and his leg never went down until the 5 minutes ended, how could this be humanly possible in just 10 months,i hope that any of you who know of anyone who ever reached this kind of freaking level of kicking please share your experience with me,thanks in advance.

that's uh....ya i wanna know how he did that too 0_o

wesam
Sep 13, 2009, 03:54 AM
The real question would be if he has any power in those kicks. Kicks can be fancy but they arent the ones with the power.
believe me , he has power in every one of those kicks, like you would never beleive , at least not for someone at his bodyweight, the guy is 120 pounds,and i just saw him fighting many exprienced fighters from various martial arts(way more out of his weight class),and he won every single fight by knockout in the first 2-3 seconds of every fight(no kidding) i mean you can't escape any of his kicks (you can't even see them) nor you can block them either because they're too strong ,he just kept taking them down one by one(i wish i had recorded that) thanks anyway,i just hoped that some of you had some clue or some experience about something like that.

Raja
Sep 13, 2009, 10:00 PM
Probably has a genetic predisposition towards more fast-twitch muscle fibers. Not to mention above average eye-limb coordination. Proper training can really enhance athleticism of certain genetically gifted individuals. They are definitely out there.

championjc
Sep 14, 2009, 02:07 AM
yeah genetics play a part but hardcore training is the key to achievement. in high school i spent half an hour everyday playing hacky sack. i sucked for probably the first four months but after a while i got into the gist of it and i could play nearly as well as the people who had played for a few years and pull off some of the stunts they couldn't. i was also forty to fifty pounds over weight.

i've been paying for it ever since. i rarely stretched, i developed the fast twitch muscles fibers in my right leg and the slow twitch in the other (i've been trying to fix this for the last two to three years), i've also pulled two muscles and damaged a ligament or tendon in my right leg.

so training like this is possible but it comes at a risk.

Fatman
Sep 14, 2009, 02:49 AM
i've been paying for it ever since. i rarely stretched, i developed the fast twitch muscles fibers in my right leg and the slow twitch in the other (i've been trying to fix this for the last two to three years), i've also pulled two muscles and damaged a ligament or tendon in my right leg.

so training like this is possible but it comes at a risk.

Dang... I never heard of this hackey sack thing, but it sounds like a pretty dangerous sport.

championjc
Sep 14, 2009, 03:07 AM
no its not that dangerous unless your playing with extremists who like to peg you if you catch it in your hand. my problem was i developed to fast and i didn't think about stretching until after i started having problems. and none of the injuries occurred while i played but because, it was the imbalance of muscle fibers in my right leg that caused the injuries later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-8tatHXJHw

i wasn't this good but i could pull off some of this stuff.

wesam
Sep 14, 2009, 04:08 AM
Probably has a genetic predisposition towards more fast-twitch muscle fibers. Not to mention above average eye-limb coordination. Proper training can really enhance athleticism of certain genetically gifted individuals. They are definitely out there.
the guy just told me he was training from 10-12 hours a day,will i don't know if that's possible but if he did then it may be make sense that he reached such a level in such a short period of time.

Raja
Sep 16, 2009, 01:56 AM
Check out the book 'Outliers'. He mentions something called the 10000 hour rule for achieving a high level of expertise in a certain area.

spyxter
Sep 16, 2009, 01:30 PM
the guy just told me he was training from 10-12 hours a day,will i don't know if that's possible but if he did then it may be make sense that he reached such a level in such a short period of time.

10-12 hours a day with no previous training? :?

wesam
Sep 17, 2009, 06:40 AM
10-12 hours a day with no previous training? :?
he used to work in a construction site where he continously lift heavy objects,the workers usualy work 7-8 hours a day.

MF!
Sep 17, 2009, 11:29 AM
Dang... I never heard of this hackey sack thing, but it sounds like a pretty dangerous sport.

only the elite engage in hacky sack....
stretch those muscle fibres my friend