PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here practice Wing Chun or Wing Tsun??

Pancho
Jul 31, 2009, 02:00 AM
If there is, and I think there could be many, what level are you??, and my main question, what kind of bodyweight exercises are best for wing chun??

MF!
Jul 31, 2009, 09:49 AM
i've never done wing chun, but my assumption from what i've seen of it is that there is more emphasis on practicing speed and precision of the skill. strengthening is important (as it is for any martial art), but wing chun seems like the type of MA to combine soft movements to avoid attack with quick + multiple counter strikes

Pancho
Jul 31, 2009, 01:07 PM
I practice Wing Tsun, my sifu is sifu Turan Ataseven, I'm beginning with level 2, and yes is a really fast martial art with more focusing on the technique in the forms, although there are different variation of the forms depending wether you ar WC, WT or VT or other branch, but most of them are effective. For instance in my training there are changes in the movements every 7 months or somethinglike that so its a bit hard to keep up.

cheesedog
Aug 01, 2009, 02:38 AM
Does your version of wing chun do the dynamic tension exercises at the start of the small idea set? That and other dynamic tension/hard chi gung/isometric sets would be a good place to start.

Other than that you should do a general all over strengthening program. There are several stickies posted you can look at.

Kljaja_92
Sep 17, 2009, 01:12 PM
I am practising wing chun, my advice practise pushups pulups and chinups for arms but not to failure do them as fast as you can for some period of time (30 sec. push ups) and you will have explosive strikes and fast one :D