PDA

View Full Version : MMA trainees

VirDeo
Jun 30, 2009, 09:16 AM
Hello, folks! Would you be willing to share your stretching, cardio, weight-lifting ( or body weight exercise ;) programs-all the stuff that you do when not training MMA but that contributes to it in a way? You don't have to be ultra-specific ( if you don't wanna )- I'd just like to get an idea on how to incorporate different aspects of exercising with practising Mixed Martial Arts ( starting with MMA tomorrow )! Also, a brief diet plan ( or what you eat everyday, in general ) would be nice! Thanks! Cheers!:)

praenin
Jun 30, 2009, 09:45 AM
I live in Thailand and my diet for Muay Thai is fruit for breakfast with salt and chilly sprinkled on (i thought it was disgusting at first but now i crave it), scrambled eggs and rice with chilly sauce on top (really good) for lunch, and rice with fish and a lot of chillies for dinner. thats what I eat with the people i do muay thai with (all thais who have been doing it since they were little kids) however i usually go buy a salad somewhere (with mostly greens in it) to add a little more nutrients. I train in mma usually but when in rome.... or in this case thailand. my diet when i was back home training MMA varied greatly on income. as for strength training ive tried many different things right now im doing almost all bodyweight (sometime with stones in my backpack for little extra umph) and i also have a sand bag, plus the hell they put me trough at muay thai people actually come to watch me train becaue its a small town and im the only foreigner (i think they just like to watch me throw up).

VirDeo
Jun 30, 2009, 09:56 AM
Feedback appreciated, man! Wow, what a "spicy" diet plan- I'll have try it sometime ( especially the "breakfast ;) ...

praenin
Jun 30, 2009, 10:03 AM
yea thai people put it with everything seriously once you start to use it a lot its like crack and you start to need it.

jj123
Jun 30, 2009, 11:17 AM
scrambled eggs and rice with chilly sauce on top (really good) for lunch, and rice with fish and a lot of chillies for dinner.

yea thai people put it with everything seriously once you start to use it a lot its like crack and you start to need it.

Sounds good! I've found that with any sort of hot sauce, went through a phase where I was mixing Nando's extra hot sauce in with anything I was eating.

Would love to train Muay Thai in Thailand! Was looking at going out this summer but it didn't end up coming together.