PDA

View Full Version : "Secrets" of 'street fighting'

Journeyman
Feb 13, 2009, 03:54 PM
This is a singular comment for all those who come onsite asking about self-defense for 'real world' street fighting. What they should do when they get jumped by muggers. Should they carry a gun, a knife? Should they kick between the legs or aim at the knee? Well, this is my answer that I will give a link to this post every time someone asks. Because I do not want to say the same things over and over again. This is a personal, opinionated rant. I think I have a reasonable opinion, others may not and that is their business.

*All this is assuming that you are the average guy, wanting to protect himself, wondering how to. If you are a military man or a bouncer, then not much of this will apply, you probably know how to handle yourself. (hopefully)*

The most effective move
Avoid fights in the first place. Be reasonable. Don't go looking for a fight in a dangerous place unless you want to be hurt. If someone gets aggressive, you don't have to rise to the challenge. Stay away from danger in the first place, if you live in a city stick away from the bad parts of town.
But what if a mugger...
I would say give them what they want, a few $$, whatever. If they threaten to harm you then try and escape. Still try to avoid direct physical combat. Run if possible.
Guns
How will a gun help you hm? If someone pulls a gun on you then they are one-up and unless you are the lone ranger you really cannot do anything. If they have a knife and WANT to hurt you, do you think that they will come running and screaming from a thousand feet away, giving to time to pull your trusty weapon, aim and fire? Or walk in front of you, pull a fancy guard position and wait for you to make the first move? More likely they will sneak up close and you will not know what hit you.
Maybe a gun will discourage someone who just wants a few bucks. Maybe.
Knives
Maybe if you show that you have a weapon it will discourage an assailant like the abovementioned. But again, if someone wants to hurt you you will most likely get hurt.
I saw Fedor fight last night and he...
Fedor, Anderson Silva, Georges St-pierre...these are excellent athletes. But mixed martial arts is a SPORT. Two guys get into a RING with BOUNDARIES and a REFEREE. There are RULES. There are no WEAPONS. Both men know that they will fight, know the rules, and have prepared beforehand. It is not a fight to the DEATH. NOT EVEN CLOSE.
But what should I do?
If you are convinced that you will get into a fight, for your life, at close quarters with someone attempting to hurt you and not just after money, credit cards, etc. Then-
Forget the sport martial arts. Learn how to hurt someone. It will be dirty. Pressure points, killing strikes, etc. Hopefully you will learn something that is effective and not a scam....
When you have such knowledge, use it wisely. Don't use it as a license to get into fights and trash guys you don't like.

Well that is enough out of me.....

Celcius
Feb 13, 2009, 04:01 PM
Great post.

"But I can show you one secret move that works in 99.99 percent in situations"
PM me.

Celcius
Feb 13, 2009, 04:01 PM
Great post.

"But I can show you one secret move that works in 99.99 percent in situations"
PM me.

Let's see who fell for it.

LSA
Feb 13, 2009, 05:57 PM
the only secret to a street fight is to hit first....and only when u have the advantage....it does u no good to hit first when it's 6 against 1...in that instance...get outta dodge.....

Journeyman
Feb 13, 2009, 06:02 PM
the only secret to a street fight is to hit first....and only when u have the advantage....it does u no good to hit first when it's 6 against 1...in that instance...get outta dodge.....

Sigh......

Cheeze_Baron
Feb 13, 2009, 06:29 PM
Nice summary, bout I doubt it'll stop the what-if monkeys and "which is the deadliest street art" folks. For folks wondering about "defense" two authors I recommend is Marc Macyoung and Geoff Thompson, these are the two most level headed non-alarmist authors on the subject and both propose awareness and avoidance above violence. If you got a spare afternoon check out nononsenseselfdefense.com(yeah he should totally think of a shorter url...) Other than that demarcoa pretty much summed it up in a nutshell.

Parth
Feb 13, 2009, 07:17 PM
The "what if" folks are usually 13 year olds, or 31 year olds who haven't grown up.

Journeyman
Feb 13, 2009, 10:04 PM
The "what if" folks are usually 13 year olds, or 31 year olds who haven't grown up.

Well now when they ask I have my answer written out and ready.

Thanks Cheezebaron, that was the idea.
awesome avatar btw. Best movie ever!

Caliph
Feb 14, 2009, 03:44 AM
yea I think tv and movies have ruined people's minds about the real world and what happens in it :?

gilstrap
Feb 14, 2009, 01:25 PM

nice reply parth, but seriously if someone is looking for some kickarse self defense they should watch adam west in some old reruns of batman and doctor spocks neck clamp

Parth
Feb 14, 2009, 01:44 PM
Haha. Or Dark Wing Duck

olinek
Feb 14, 2009, 01:54 PM
I don't know why all the hate towards what if questions. I love what if questions. If you think about it... every damn kung fu film is basically a what if. I love kung fu films... except for the real crazy ones with magical contraptions and what nor. What if keeps the imagination active. What if a pre cultural revolution Shaolin martial monk got in a fight with Tyson. Who would win, the Shaolin monk or the ninja.. Damnit I think if you can't appreciate these questions.. then you take yourself a little too seriously.

As for avoiding the nasty part of town. I damn it live in a nasty part of town. Just the other day two cabbies were stabbed on my street. That is fucked up. When I was working as a bus boy, I would often close so be walking home at about 1 in the morning. TO get to my street I have to walk under this bridge where bums live. Honestly, everytime I walked under that bridge I was pondering what would happen if... what would I do if... would I be able to...

gilstrap
Feb 14, 2009, 02:43 PM
I don't know why all the hate towards what if questions. I love what if questions. If you think about it... every damn kung fu film is basically a what if. I love kung fu films... except for the real crazy ones with magical contraptions and what nor. What if keeps the imagination active. What if a pre cultural revolution Shaolin martial monk got in a fight with Tyson. Who would win, the Shaolin monk or the ninja.. Damnit I think if you can't appreciate these questions.. then you take yourself a little too seriously.

As for avoiding the nasty part of town. I damn it live in a nasty part of town. Just the other day two cabbies were stabbed on my street. That is fucked up. When I was working as a bus boy, I would often close so be walking home at about 1 in the morning. TO get to my street I have to walk under this bridge where bums live. Honestly, everytime I walked under that bridge I was pondering what would happen if... what would I do if... would I be able to...

i agree id love to know who would win in a fight between spiderman and batman

olinek
Feb 14, 2009, 03:19 PM
i agree id love to know who would win in a fight between spiderman and batman

Yea thats what I am talking about. Superman is a fruitcake so I would root for batman..

How do you like me now Demarcoa? :mrgreen:

Swarren7630
Feb 14, 2009, 03:39 PM
If you live in the part of the world were on a day to day yo worry about getting jumped it time to move. Am a former military man and a bouncer and i have been on both ends of a fight. when its time to get hit or do the hitting everything goes out the window. You never know what the other person will do or how far they will go to win. You have to have a very layed back mind to stay in control when in a real fight everything happenes so fast most the time . The best way to know what to do in a fight is to go get in one over and over again become Kimbo Slice . Start a underground fight club and after a few real fight and a few cuts and scares you will realize it is better to do your best to walk away . Untill someone hit you so hard you black out or you whole face is bet like a handfull of ground beef You have not been in a real fight .Rolling around with your buddies in the back yard is not a fight. You will not understand what a real fight is and you will not stop asking the"what if`s" and "what is the best thing to do".

Journeyman
Feb 14, 2009, 04:48 PM
Yea thats what I am talking about. Superman is a fruitcake so I would root for batman..

How do you like me now Demarcoa? :mrgreen:

I like you better, because I would root for batman too! :mrgreen:

Seriously though? Everyone has their own opinion and I respect that. I just wrote that post so I don't have to rewrite it dozens of times over the years.

The only opinions I have no respect for are those of the 'keyboard jockey' youtubers...

olinek
Feb 14, 2009, 06:50 PM
OK well on a more serious note.. here are my thoughts on self defense. I won't say anything on whether you should be getting into them or not.

To be successful at self defense:

1) you should be able to run well. That is to say be fast and agile. A natural extension of this is parkour. Many serious situations can be dealt with in this manner.. For example a mugging involving a blunt or sharp weapon.

I used to ponder whether parkour was the end all be all to self defense. In some sort of problem... run away.. IF you are real good.. you can add in some wall flips or something and earn style points..8)

But the obvious answer is no.. it is not enough. Because parkour is an ego dominant system. I don't know of egodominant the right word.. what I mean is that it can only help you. If there is 2 of you getting mugged.. and only one of you is a competent escape artist.. running is not the solution.

2) you should be able to fight well. No talk here of styles. Personally I don't believe in things like 3 month self defense courses. Especially the weapon based ones... I watched a very good video of a guy bashing most Krav Maga people.. what he was saying is true for the most part. Fighting well involves.. cool head, pain tolerance, control of adrenaline, wit, strength, speed, power, flexibility and conditioning. You should master weapon improvisation.. To be honest I am not sure if unarmed weapon defense is possible to master. I will leave that unanswered. I am gonna guess that it is possible.

3) you should have a slick tongue and the ability to read a situation.. This is most important for defense against a gun... You gotta read him.. is he bluffing.. etc...

Those are the 3 areas to master. To master them you need to drill them....work them in controlled situations... and gain experience in uncontrolled situations..

Journeyman
Feb 14, 2009, 07:18 PM
^ Excellent!

olinek
Feb 14, 2009, 09:28 PM
http://attuworld.com/just-attu/how-not-to-mug-someone.html

Journeyman
Feb 14, 2009, 10:07 PM
It would be kinda fun to get mugged by that guy! :mrgreen:

Raja
Feb 15, 2009, 07:46 AM
Avoid fights in the first place. Be reasonable. Don't go looking for a fight in a dangerous place unless you want to be hurt. If someone gets aggressive, you don't have to rise to the challenge. Stay away from danger in the first place, if you live in a city stick away from the bad parts of town.

Avoid the testosterone reaction. Hard to do for some but it pays off in the end.

genjuro
Feb 15, 2009, 08:09 AM
The most effective move
Avoid fights in the first place. Be reasonable. Don't go looking for a fight in a dangerous place unless you want to be hurt. If someone gets aggressive, you don't have to rise to the challenge. Stay away from danger in the first place, if you live in a city stick away from the bad parts of town. agreed

But what if a mugger...
I would say give them what they want, a few $$, whatever. If they threaten to harm you then try and escape. Still try to avoid direct physical combat. Run if possible.

Agreed, but I've never seen anyone run from a fight.

Guns
How will a gun help you hm? If someone pulls a gun on you then they are one-up and unless you are the lone ranger you really cannot do anything. If they have a knife and WANT to hurt you, do you think that they will come running and screaming from a thousand feet away, giving to time to pull your trusty weapon, aim and fire? Or walk in front of you, pull a fancy guard position and wait for you to make the first move? More likely they will sneak up close and you will not know what hit you.
Maybe a gun will discourage someone who just wants a few bucks. Maybe.
Knives
Maybe if you show that you have a weapon it will discourage an assailant like the abovementioned. But again, if someone wants to hurt you you will most likely get hurt.

I agree for the most part. I never like to talk about weapon defense as it is too unpredictable.

I saw Fedor fight last night and he...
Fedor, Anderson Silva, Georges St-pierre...these are excellent athletes. But mixed martial arts is a SPORT. Two guys get into a RING with BOUNDARIES and a REFEREE. There are RULES. There are no WEAPONS. Both men know that they will fight, know the rules, and have prepared beforehand. It is not a fight to the DEATH. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Apply any chokehold and keep it in for a few minutes...
Keep hitting a guy that's stunned or out...

In both cases death will eventually occur. Forget the "not deadly" arguement of sport martial arts, if you want to kill a person it can be done without any difficulty, just don't stop when the ref usually comes in.

In fact, the lack of training with a fully resisting opponent will make you mentally unprepared for a fight. The same way as you can't perform a surgery with just knowledge you get from books do you.

That MMA has many holes in it's game, I agree. It needs some adaptation to become more effective in street fighting, but this isn't hard. It's far better than the usual crap people are being fed as ultimate street arts these days.

But what should I do?
If you are convinced that you will get into a fight, for your life, at close quarters with someone attempting to hurt you and not just after money, credit cards, etc. Then-
Forget the sport martial arts. Learn how to hurt someone. It will be dirty. Pressure points, killing strikes, etc. Hopefully you will learn something that is effective and not a scam....
When you have such knowledge, use it wisely. Don't use it as a license to get into fights and trash guys you don't like.

Well that is enough out of me.....

Forget pressure points. They will not work against a fully adrenalized person or a person on drugs. In fact they are almost impossible to perform against a fully resisting opponent anyway, and they don't end fights.

Forget most "killing strikes". Most of them are myths(nose bone in the brains) or are extremely low percentage strikes, mostly relying on the element of surprise and a lot of luck to pull them off. In self defense, the element of surprise is used against you.

Self defense is not killing someone. That's murder or deadly assault and will get you in jail. The term "Self defense" is not even a legal term. There is only "legal defense". It's a fucked up law that's different in every country.

In short, legal defense is stopping/preventing an assault while doing as little damage as needed, placing special care NOT to inflict permanent damage. No damage=no evidence=no case. If the actual assault is already over, it's NOT self defense, but revenge.
An added plus is that the fight doesn't have to be directed towards you.

So forget eye gouges, throat strikes and the like. You'll go to jail and pay true your nose in medical bills.

The best "skill" to have if confidence, the next best muscle mass. Nobody wants to mess with a huge fucker that looks like he's wouldn't mind going into a fight as he does it all the time. It's a silly prejudice coming from primal instincts, but it works.

I used to think like all you guys as well, until my brother had this thing happen to him. He was at a party and had some words with some arrogant prick. The prick pulled a knife and threathened to kill my brother(This is where my brother lost the case, the guy didn't swing yet, so there was no assault). My brother didn't care, and when the prick looked at his friends and laughed, my brother attacked and knocked the guy out cold in a few seconds, breaking his nose, his eyesocket and doing some permanent damage to his vision. The cops were called, ect ect.

My brother had to come to court, got 1 year jailtime and needs to pay over €50000 medical costs.
What should he have done? First of all not go to that party in the first place, it was/is notorious for fights. Second of all he needed to swallow his pride and just apologize and get out of there.

Journeyman
Feb 15, 2009, 09:00 AM
Very wise genjuro. You have the 'Dominator' view of self-defense.

As for what I was saying about pressure points, etc. There is no doubt that you would have to be very skilled so maybe I shouldn't have put that in.

As for a 'fight to the death', I was saying, try not to escalate things unless your life could be in danger. If so, then you would rather be the one to walk out correct?
But 1. avoid fights if at all possible 2. there are very few fights to death 3. If you are involved in one, it's your life...

CDavidNeely
Feb 15, 2009, 10:22 AM
Greetings,

Secrets to "street fighing."

Rule #1. Awareness. Awareness. Awareness. Pay attention to the world around you and don't get suprised.

If caught apply Rule #2.
Rule #2. Escape. Escape. Escape. If at all possible get away as fast as you can.

If escape is impossible or impractical then apply Rule #3.
Rule #3. Win if you can, lose if you must but always cheat. The only fair fight is the one you lose.

These are the rules I learned while being young and stupid enough to be in a gang. Oh yeah, and, if your in a knife fight your gonna get cut. its just a matter of where.

David

CDavidNeely
Feb 15, 2009, 10:26 AM
Greetings,

Apply any chokehold and keep it in for a few minutes...
Keep hitting a guy that's stunned or out...

Pretty good advice except for this part. Never tie yourself up with a technique especially in street fights because there is almost always more than one.

David

Journeyman
Feb 15, 2009, 11:58 AM
Sound reasoning Cdavid.

Dominator350
Feb 15, 2009, 12:12 PM
agreed
The best "skill" to have if confidence, the next best muscle mass. Nobody wants to mess with a huge fucker that looks like he's wouldn't mind going into a fight as he does it all the time. It's a silly prejudice coming from primal instincts, but it works.

You know me well demarcoa... A set of gigantic shoulders can discourage anyone. I can walk through a crowd of crackdealers threateningly with no hesitation to my stride dressed in a black hoodie with all the crackwhores screaming 'here comes trouble!' to psyche out the dealers. It doesn't make it any easier for them if im actually conditioned and know how to throw many punches. But they don't know that.

It also really isn't good for real world situations though. I often get academic teachers treating me like an idiot to my face cause they don't think i get it. The other day my roomates 140 pound boyfriend who looks like hes fresh out of the holocaust was being a sarcastic motherfucker, pretty much mocking me to my face. Truth is hes just a jealous piece of shit, god knows why. But he said a bunch of hostile shit, i tolld her, he ever speaks to me like that again, im gonna corner him and scream until he shits himself. I may appear hostile on this forum but im one of the nicest people in person i don't want trouble from anybody i fucking keep to myself.

Now heres the irony.

No scrapper, criminal, or biker-brawler-maniac has ever had a problem with me. They can tell im respectful, and know what im capable of. When you look powerful, its the powerless you gotta worry about, cause you can't hit back. And often i get too angry to say anything quick enough, the front of my forehead gets real hot, and i can't hear anything and all i want to do is kill'em.

Everyone knows its preposterous for a 220 pound dominator to beat the hell out of a 130 pound cancer victim look-a-like. And theyre counting on it.

Journeyman
Feb 15, 2009, 12:31 PM

Very wise genjuro. You have the 'Dominator' view of self-defense.

You know me well demarcoa... A set of gigantic shoulders can discourage anyone. I can walk through a crowd of crackdealers threateningly with no hesitation to my stride dressed in a black hoodie with all the crackwhores screaming 'here comes trouble!' to psyche out the dealers. It doesn't make it any easier for them if im actually conditioned and know how to throw many punches. But they don't know that.

As I called.....but....

1. Dom, you are a sensible enough guy (offsite :mrgreen:)-you would not go LOOKING for a fight would you? You have self-control
2. also, size and self-confidence which discourages trouble.
3. Not everyone is a Mike Tyson/Gorilla, walking around at 6' and 220lb so they are not so lucky.
In that case they should be ready to run from trouble.

CDavidNeely
Feb 15, 2009, 01:56 PM
Greetings,

3. Not everyone is a Mike Tyson/Gorilla, walking around at 6' and 220lb so they are not so lucky.

I second that. I am 5'5" and weigh about 160. However, I don't have any problems with violence at all. I live next to a low-income housing complex and I never have any trouble going where I want and when I want. It is about confidence and not about size. The big people around here usually have far more problems than I do because people want to challenge them.

Of course, the fact that some people saw me practicing my escrima and spread around how dangerous I am with a pair of sticks doesn't hurt either.

David

Swarren7630
Feb 15, 2009, 02:16 PM
I agree with DOM 350 100% am 6 foot 250+ lbs and in the last 5yrs not a damn soul have even tried to talk shit to my face. Am a layed back guy and I do what I can to help other ,but am the last person to be pushed around. The last thing I want to do is hurt someone or or to jail ,but if it came down to my life or someone else . I would have to do what I had to to save myself or someone in my family.

Fatman
Feb 15, 2009, 03:05 PM
I agree with DOM 350 100% am 6 foot 250+ lbs and in the last 5yrs not a damn soul have even tried to talk shit to my face. Am a layed back guy and I do what I can to help other ,but am the last person to be pushed around. The last thing I want to do is hurt someone or or to jail ,but if it came down to my life or someone else . I would have to do what I had to to save myself or someone in my family.

True that. It may seem unfair, but bigger people are generally left alone. I never had any problems the last ten years or so. I'm not a behemoth - I weighed between 190 and 220 at a height of 5'11" during this period, even worked as a bouncer for a while. It also depends on the crowd you hang out with and the places you visit - in some bars bigger guys are a prime target.

Martial arts guys often get into trouble because they experience an ego boost once they start taking MA classes. I trained in judo for around 4 years, but never really made it a public fact about myself. It was something I did for self-improvement, not to cure inferiority complexes. I persuaded a friend of mine to take up jiu-jutsu classes with me for a while. He was never into sports, and he got incredibly cock-sure once he started taking those classes. I had to keep telling him that two months, two years or two decades in the martial arts didn't make one an awesome street fighting god. The problem with him, as with many martial artist types, is that a lot of people who get bullied around are drawn to them with the false concept of becoming some sort of ass-kicking monster. You don't. Someone assaults you on the street, and you can take your entire martial arts knowledge and shove it up your behind.

Gain some strength, build yourself up a little and you'll do yourself a much bigger favour than spending years training in the "pajama sports". Do the martial arts for physical and spiritual improvement. End of story.

olinek
Feb 15, 2009, 03:52 PM
I might get crucified by this... but I think it is wrong to deny the benefit martial arts give you in a fight.

Proper punching and kicking mechanics, break falls and basic throws and locks go a long way.

If you drill these things and are aware of a concept called technique that needs to be perfected... it gets ingrained in your head. It becomes a reflex.. and that is one less thing to think about in a fight.. now there is a huge difference between a proper punch and the punch an average person will throw.

Now all that stuff said fatman about majority of ppl who take martial arts is true. They are a bunch of retards.. whose false confidence lies in the fact that they have a belt... it is a confidence based on very superficial criteria. But honestly... confidence in your technique can go along way.

Someone pointed it out on Rosstraining and it is a damn good point in my opinion... that the truth is that the majority of fights that occur... don't involve gang beatings, don't involve weapons or muggings.. the majority of them just involve a one on one fist fight. Now it is also probably true that these are the exact ones that can be avoided most of the time.. Now the truth is.. even if a buddy is trash talking someone or starting shit or doing somethng that he could be instead of avoiding... I am still gonna back him up. And for these situations I believe martial arts training goes a long way. Now it has been ages since I left Karate. I have pretty much lost the ability to do a good round kick.. but I was always real good at side kicks and that has stayed with me, as have break falls.. but most importantly a good punch.

Dominator350
Feb 15, 2009, 03:52 PM
you mean to tell me you guys never had any fuckin little twat faced motherfucker ragging on you for whatever, being all sarcastic about it so you have no grounds to say much about anything?

alright ill admit, its been a while since anybody insulted me, but when it does i usually don't get it or i don't want to beleive people could be that rude and think they are safe. The last time i let someone with a attitude know that they cannot push me around the cops were involved.

So does anybody get any attitude because they work out? any low test fucks ever rag on any of you cause theyre insecure and think they can get away with 'just joking'?

Dominator350
Feb 15, 2009, 03:57 PM
if this is gonna turn into another streetfighting thread, i suggest you all watch these videos. Theyre on the crossfit website, but are seminar lessons about the primal nature of an ambushed streetfight, the most dangerous fight there is. Theyre all based on the nervous system. Labeled under combatives. Tony bauer hosts the ones that are about real world tactical self defense.

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html#Combatives

Journeyman
Feb 15, 2009, 04:56 PM
Well, it was originally just a few points, based on common sense and a bit of knowledge, that I made. It is starting to turn into another streetfighting thread :(

Journeyman
Feb 15, 2009, 05:02 PM
I might get crucified by this... but I think it is wrong to deny the benefit martial arts give you in a fight.

Proper punching and kicking mechanics, break falls and basic throws and locks go a long way.

If you drill these things and are aware of a concept called technique that needs to be perfected... it gets ingrained in your head. It becomes a reflex.. and that is one less thing to think about in a fight.. now there is a huge difference between a proper punch and the punch an average person will throw.

Now all that stuff said fatman about majority of ppl who take martial arts is true. They are a bunch of retards.. whose false confidence lies in the fact that they have a belt... it is a confidence based on very superficial criteria. But honestly... confidence in your technique can go along way.

Someone pointed it out on Rosstraining and it is a damn good point in my opinion... that the truth is that the majority of fights that occur... don't involve gang beatings, don't involve weapons or muggings.. the majority of them just involve a one on one fist fight. Now it is also probably true that these are the exact ones that can be avoided most of the time.. Now the truth is.. even if a buddy is trash talking someone or starting shit or doing somethng that he could be instead of avoiding... I am still gonna back him up. And for these situations I believe martial arts training goes a long way. Now it has been ages since I left Karate. I have pretty much lost the ability to do a good round kick.. but I was always real good at side kicks and that has stayed with me, as have break falls.. but most importantly a good punch.

I am already restating what I said at first, but:
I would think that as olinek said most fights are just some guys venting by beating up someone else with fists etc, or someone threatening another for money not wanting to hurt them. In that case I would say why fight? But hey if someone has you trapped and wants to pound on you then you might as well punch back, just don't escalate things.

But if there is a psycho, who has seen you walking by and really wants to hurt you, there really is nothing you can do about it. Someone just walks up and knifes you a bunch of times and it's over, black belt or no, krav maga or no, gorilla or no, etc. You will have to count on luck to survive thr first blow and then try to do some serious, maybe lethal damage to stay alive....

cheesedog
Feb 15, 2009, 05:20 PM
you mean to tell me you guys never had any fuckin little twat faced motherfucker ragging on you for whatever, being all sarcastic about it so you have no grounds to say much about anything?

So does anybody get any attitude because they work out? any low test fucks ever rag on any of you cause theyre insecure and think they can get away with 'just joking'?

Yeah, it's happened to me a few times, and I'm not Dominator sized. I'm average height (about 5'10") but fairly muscular and apparently my walk and general demeanor is "confident". Luckily I have a weird sense of humour, usually when someone is trying to be sarcastic or put me down I find it funny.

1929hellbox
Feb 15, 2009, 05:52 PM
Most the guys doing MMA are not going to be as skilled as the champion fighters they watch on T.V. So if the fight starts and the MMA trainee goes to the ground trying to do a submission, the opponent is going to have his 3 -4 buddies kicking the crap out of the MMA trainee. It is most often going to be you - the person in the fight in the wrong place at the wrong time, and it is going to be the ahole picking the fight with his buddied backing him up. If you have to make sure you know the pecking order of the pack so you only have to fight 1-2 people, if you deck the aggressor then the biggest dude next to him the followers might just run.

Greetings,

Pretty good advice except for this part. Never tie yourself up with a technique especially in street fights because there is almost always more than one.

David

CDavidNeely
Feb 15, 2009, 05:52 PM
Greetings,

But if there is a psycho, who has seen you walking by and really wants to hurt you, there really is nothing you can do about it. Someone just walks up and knifes you a bunch of times and it's over, black belt or no, krav maga or no, gorilla or no, etc. You will have to count on luck to survive thr first blow and then try to do some serious, maybe lethal damage to stay alive....

This is why stated the first rule of combat as Awareness. In actuality, there is always a warning you just probably missed it. Situational Awareness is primary but most people don't want to exhibit that kind of control over their habits. Its tiring and requires discipline. Its the difference between the warrior and the fighter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Situational_awareness

David

Journeyman
Feb 15, 2009, 06:18 PM
Greetings,

This is why stated the first rule of combat as Awareness. In actuality, there is always a warning you just probably missed it. Situational Awareness is primary but most people don't want to exhibit that kind of control over their habits. Its tiring and requires discipline. Its the difference between the warrior and the fighter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Situational_awareness

David

The Warrior would run from an unnecessary fight. That is part of my definition of a Warrior.
If the fight was unavoidable though....

olinek
Feb 15, 2009, 06:30 PM
Luckily I have a weird sense of humour, usually when someone is trying to be sarcastic or put me down I find it funny.

That's like me haha.

Honestly though about running.. if you can take the guy.. why not teach him a lesson.

Journeyman
Feb 15, 2009, 06:35 PM
That's like me haha.

Honestly though about running.. if you can take the guy.. why not teach him a lesson.

If you want a fight that is. My advice is to try and avoid them...failing that don't escalate them.

olinek
Feb 15, 2009, 06:46 PM
Well since were on the topic of warriors? Wtf is a warrior?

Wouldn't a warrior be someone who looks for these types of situations... "to rid the streets of evil" "so that others can feel safe"???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJe3XpWmuVY&feature=channel_page

olinek
Feb 15, 2009, 06:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXix0ygCVk0&feature=related

lets analyze this one.

Here we have 2 retards. The wigger in black yellin "i'll fck you up mothafucka" and the complete rickbag in red in the ridiculous stance. The kid in red is the prime example of the ppl fatman was talking about. What's funny is that when it came to throw some blows both of them just swung their arms like a bunch of bitches. There was a better catfight at my highschool.. It is online somewhere I'll try to find it.

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYScvMUfeq4&feature=related

LMAO I just can't help but turn you thread into one about street fights.

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YrrLLD0rfc&feature=related

here we have an interesting one. HERO RENT A COP VS BITCH SKATEBOARDER

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUXZeOsm-ZQ&feature=related

OK this guy may have just scored a few points on my list.

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX1TC9M05qQ&feature=related

CDavidNeely
Feb 15, 2009, 07:02 PM
Well since were on the topic of warriors? Wtf is a warrior?

Wouldn't a warrior be someone who looks for these types of situations... "to rid the streets of evil" "so that others can feel safe"???

The discussion about what makes a person a warrior is a long one. A warrior is not focused on battle but if battle is forced upon him the seeks to defeat this opponent. The true warrior has no enemies. Only opponents. A soldier/fighter actively seeks combat but the warrior does not. This is how I see things but your mileage may vary.

David

CDavidNeely
Feb 15, 2009, 07:16 PM
Greetings,

The discussion about what makes a person a warrior is a long one. A warrior is not focused on battle but if battle is forced upon him the seeks to defeat this opponent. The true warrior has no enemies. Only opponents. A soldier/fighter actively seeks combat but the warrior does not. This is how I see things but your mileage may vary.

David

Actually if you want to see what I consider a warrior I would suggest 3 movies.

Bulletproof Monk.
Way of the Peaceful Warrior.
Hard to Kill.

The main character in Bulletproof Monk does his best to avoid violence and does his best to avoid escalation whenever possible. He is also dedicated to a purpose higher than himself. It's not about anger - it's about peace. It's not about power - it's about grace. It's not about knowing your enemy - it's about knowing yourself.
Way of the Peaceful Warrior is the story of Dan Millman and is a powerful story about overcoming your limitations.
Hard to Kill was the second Steven Seagal movie. It was before he got out-of-hand and starting representing the exact opposite of what Aikido was meant to be about. As Mason Storm he represented the epitome of what I consider to be a warrior. A dedication to truth, a mastery of the skills of the warrior and a mastery of the ways of healing that any true warrior learns.

For the most part, the concept of the warrior has suffered greatly in Western Philosophy until we have reached the point where John Rambo is the only role model we have.

David

ambhmnyc
Feb 15, 2009, 07:51 PM
Great Post Demarcoa:
You said it right -It's a whole different mindset when it comes to street fighting. I have the utmost respect for UFC competitors;but, it's a sport. Also what techniques work best ARE the methods you feel comfy with.

Journeyman
Feb 15, 2009, 08:10 PM

David

I could not have put it any better.

Way of the Peaceful Warrior! I love it! So inspiring. It is actually what got me interested in the whole bw exercise thing too....

Journeyman
Feb 15, 2009, 08:22 PM
I must admit the vids were pretty darn funny...sadly if they were fake they wouldn't be as funny it is just so absurd....

The first one, and the fifth one, bring up some interesting points. If your female companion is hit on (literally) in a bad way what do you do?
And although cops are good people it seems to me, some really are jerks in uniform who use their status as an excuse to get aggressive and beat people up.
The other ones, random kids fighting, were pretty sad. Obviously those 'fights' could have been avoided. But then I would not be sitting here laughing. It is all so stupid....

olinek
Feb 15, 2009, 08:24 PM
Ok here is a question for you 2 on the topic of warriors.

my favourite movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqLyTdcMLhc

If you have seen it...

Tell me..

Is he the definition of your warrior... or the exact opposite of your definition of a warrior.

If you haven't. Watch it immediately..

olinek
Feb 15, 2009, 08:29 PM
As for self defense. Learn it from the best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD5zjUbWpXY

TheMasterKey
Feb 15, 2009, 09:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJE2GpF9Ohc

Raja
Feb 15, 2009, 10:51 PM
I wonder how many wannabe vigilantes get off to Taxi Driver. I saw many such whackos when I went to the shooting range once. Scary stuff.

Trapper71
Feb 15, 2009, 10:58 PM
I like boom sticks like the kind divers carry. :grin:

cheesedog
Feb 15, 2009, 11:07 PM
I like boom sticks like the kind divers carry. :grin:

THERE'S a great idea. If someone gets in your face smack 'em on the nose! If it works for sharks it'll work in muggers. :p

EvilOne
Feb 16, 2009, 05:08 AM
I guess I live a sheltered life, is that Robert "Bruce Lee " De Niro

Journeyman
Feb 16, 2009, 10:01 AM
Ok here is a question for you 2 on the topic of warriors.

my favourite movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqLyTdcMLhc

If you have seen it...

Tell me..

Is he the definition of your warrior... or the exact opposite of your definition of a warrior.

If you haven't. Watch it immediately..

Is Ra's al ghul a hero?

Which reminds me...the whole thing is about as realistic as this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBm4kYA56sk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maMazTjjSiU

silentassassin
Feb 16, 2009, 10:28 AM
I did no read every post but any self defence system that does not have eye gouges amd groin kicks is not real self defence.
and the best thing someone can train is stamina first of all you will eaisily have the capicity to run away second if you do get in to a fight and dont get knocked out right away you will have the edge.

olinek
Feb 16, 2009, 10:29 AM
Evilone you crazy CO. It is De Niro.

Lol I had to google this ras al ghul. Apparently he is some DC supervillain.

I don't really know what you are saying actually.

gilstrap
Feb 16, 2009, 01:42 PM
its all about how far your willing to go in any type of situation you way up the pros and the cons i consider myself a good church going person know but in my youth i was considered a bit of a nutjob if i was in a brawl i d try and bite your nose off but you have to ask is it worth it , 99 percent off people wont ether be in a position to have to make serious decisions about violent attack and most situations can be avoided i hate violence know and think people who glorify it are morons

Journeyman
Feb 16, 2009, 01:51 PM
Evilone you crazy CO. It is De Niro.

Lol I had to google this ras al ghul. Apparently he is some DC supervillain.

I don't really know what you are saying actually.

He is from batman. He is a vigilante, the bearded guy w/ batman in the vids. He thinks that the ends justify the means. Seems like that Taxi Driver guy to me.
Ghul decided to stop corruption in gotham by killing everyone.

olinek
Feb 16, 2009, 02:21 PM
He is from batman. He is a vigilante, the bearded guy w/ batman in the vids. He thinks that the ends justify the means. Seems like that Taxi Driver guy to me.
Ghul decided to stop corruption in gotham by killing everyone.

O i see. That is actually pretty bad ass.. That is my kinda warrior. Nah I was never into the whole honour, chivalry thing. I always thought ninjas were way cooler than samurais. The thing about your guys definition of warrior.. is that there has never been such a thing.. every possible example was riddled with double standards when it comes to honour, chivalry and what not.

"
Ra's al Ghul is an international terrorist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism) and assassin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination) whose ultimate goal is a world in perfect environmental (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_environment) balance. He believes that the best way to achieve this balance is to eliminate most of humanity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human). Ra's usually tries to assault the world's human populace with a biological weapon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_warfare), such as a genetically-engineered (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_engineering) virus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virus). He is aided in this quest by the Lazarus Pits (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazarus_Pit), reservoirs of rejuvenating chemicals that restore the dying to life; these pits have granted him a lifespan of several hundred years.
He considers Batman his most worthy opponent, and has frequently sought to make the Dark Knight his successor. He is one of the few criminals in Batman's rogues gallery (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Batman_Family_enemies) to have deduced his secret identity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_identity) as Bruce Wayne. For his own part, Batman's opposition to Ra's is complicated by his love for the villain's daughter, Talia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talia_al_Ghul)."

This guy fucking kicks ass. Fuck batman, I will be his successor.

Journeyman
Feb 16, 2009, 02:26 PM
O i see. That is actually pretty bad ass.. That is my kinda warrior. Nah I was never into the whole honour, chivalry thing. I always thought ninjas were way cooler than samurais. The thing about your guys definition of warrior.. is that there has never been such a thing.. every possible example was riddled with double standards when it comes to honour, chivalry and what not.

"
Ra's al Ghul is an international terrorist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism) and assassin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination) whose ultimate goal is a world in perfect environmental (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_environment) balance. He believes that the best way to achieve this balance is to eliminate most of humanity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human). Ra's usually tries to assault the world's human populace with a biological weapon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_warfare), such as a genetically-engineered (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_engineering) virus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virus). He is aided in this quest by the Lazarus Pits (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazarus_Pit), reservoirs of rejuvenating chemicals that restore the dying to life; these pits have granted him a lifespan of several hundred years.
He considers Batman his most worthy opponent, and has frequently sought to make the Dark Knight his successor. He is one of the few criminals in Batman's rogues gallery (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Batman_Family_enemies) to have deduced his secret identity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_identity) as Bruce Wayne. For his own part, Batman's opposition to Ra's is complicated by his love for the villain's daughter, Talia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talia_al_Ghul)."

This guy fucking kicks ass. Fuck batman, I will be his successor.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I will succeed batman and defeat you.... :roll::mrgreen::twisted::lol:

Journeyman
Feb 16, 2009, 02:31 PM
^ Why does everyone like the anti-heroes these days?

...although admittedly some of them are pretty cool...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeP8Vf0gYq4

-sigh-
so much for a serious discussion.
Olinek you made me angry I am coming for you... :mrgreen:

-edit- embed didn't work. Double-click the link.

olinek
Feb 16, 2009, 02:46 PM
Holy shit their making all sorts of comic book movies. I haven't seen anything.

As for anti heroes.

I dunno if everyone likes them.. but I always did. They are badass all my favourite characters from movies or books are anti heroes.

I never gived a rats ass about those sweet heart "nobles".

stevenl
Feb 16, 2009, 06:10 PM
People should stay away from street fights, but if you want to be a good street fighter, the only thing you can do is be in A LOT of fights, ON THE STREET. MMA training can help you a lot - I am trained in BJJ, boxing, wrestling, and a bit if karate, and it does help in knowing what to do, but there are things you can do on the street that you can't in the ring or on the mat. If you are going to fight, know thy self, because if you get in over your head there is often no one to save you.

silentassassin
Feb 16, 2009, 09:07 PM
Yeah, MMA helps you
know thy self not thy enemy, much

billgetsstrong
Feb 26, 2009, 07:02 AM
Just give up your posessions and get out of the area fast. (ASAP)
But I do not recomend trying to learn how to kill anyone.
You will be seen as the problem in a court of law and by the police.
Reasonable Force at all times. I have a buddy who was working with
mentally disabled persons and one grabbed him suddenly and tried to pull
him down near another person who was with this person grabbing him.
My buddy reacted by punching him and making his nose bleed to get him to release the grab. The Police arrested him for excessive use of force.
You cannot legally use more than equal force to defend yourself.
He was charged and is doing time right now for this.

bodylifter
Mar 21, 2009, 05:15 PM
It was a really decent post. But no matter what you are always going to have the what if folks doing there thing. That is always going to be a never ending battle.

I am in the Army and I have worked as a Bouncer and I can tell you from first hand experience, you can try to be ready and on the look but you never catch everything. That is why I will add one thing to this post, and you all can laugh at me if you want to thats fine.

Have a buddy with you, they will see things you miss and you will have someone watching your back and vise versa.

Erik
Mar 21, 2009, 06:47 PM
Have a buddy with you, they will see things you miss and you will have someone watching your back and vise versa.

Nothing to laugh at there. It's good advice.

Dominator350
Mar 21, 2009, 07:55 PM
man so much stupid shit happens when im not there, one time like 3 minutes after i left one of my brothers parties, some dude started losing it and punched my brother in the face, put a basketball sized hole in the wall, no one did shit....

then the other day he literally heard someone get stabbed and heard someone call a name and scream, he fucking booked it though, had to, it was in a underground ttc tunnel.

bodylifter
Mar 21, 2009, 08:13 PM
Thanks Erik

Dave.cyco
Jun 02, 2009, 03:02 AM
I only read the OP, Demarcoa. Cool post.

I would add one thing to your list- Iron Palm training, very useful and rewarding training. Making Dit Da Jow is quite simple and cheap too. Makes the hands smell like Pot Pourri. :roll:

steveobur1000
Jun 02, 2009, 04:44 AM
Nice post.

With 20+years Martial Arts training myself i would say that this is one of the most common sense self defence posts i've read here.

The only thing i would disagree with is the point you made about fighting dirty. I totally agree that in a bad situation fighting dirty is the only way to go but you made mention of Pressure points and kill strikes which i personally feel don't work at all. Like you said everyone has their opinion and this is only mine. Over the years i've had people try pressure points and such like when we have been rolling and sparring and although they are uncomfortable they are not enough to stop someone in their tracks. To be honest when sparring hard and the juices get flowing there were times i didn't even feel the techniques being applied.

This may sound extreme but if you are in a REAL life and death situation(not some macho, pussy, "Did you spill my pint?" bullshit) whats wrong with bitting the mother fuckers ear or nose off? That should slow them down long enough to get away. I know there is Aids and such like to worry about but worry about it after you escape still in one piece. Like i said it's extreme but then REAL situations can turn extreme real quick.

marticus
Jun 02, 2009, 08:01 AM
Hi guys just thought i would add to this with what little ma knowledge i have gained over the years.
First of good post i agree with pretty much all of the above.
to me there are a few things i will always be aware of if walking away or avoiding the conflict fails.

firstly no matter how much MA experience you have when the shit goes down you will revert to a select few techniques that you rely on. so that double spinning flying back kick you learned in TKD really dont mean shit. just know your basics and know them well!

secondly my sensei tought us a concept he calls GLF (go like fuck!) which basicly summed up means when you know that there is no other way out of a situation and that is is gonna end bad one way or another you dont fuck around. you hit first. you hit that motherfucker hard! and you keep hitting him untill he is unconcious in a pool of his own blood and shit. make an example of him and with any luck any of that punks friends will then have second thoughts about jumping in aswell.

Thirdly dont go to the ground. i love BJJ i have been learning it a lot recently but in a streetfight the ground is not the place to be. there is nothing to stop this guys friends from jumping in and doing a tapdance on your face. so get the fuck up!

and last to touch on what steveobur1000 just said. anything goes. in the end if you are in a situation that you couldn't wak away from or talk your way out of then it is bad. you do whatever you have to and you need to make it clear to you opponent that you are willing to go further than he is. fucking miles further! if that means sticking your thumbs in his eye sockets and biting off his nose then so be it. fucking pull his nads off. do whatever it takes to walk away from that situation. because in the end it is you or them...

Just my opinion

all-en
Jun 02, 2009, 09:09 AM
I didn't read all the posts, but from the tone of the initial post - I like it.

I believe that if you live in an area where you can conceal a weapon, especially a pistol, than I would definitely do that; but not before getting sufficient training on firearm safety, and effective usage. A firearm should be the last means PERIOD.

First and foremost, one should know how to defend themselves on a primitive physical level. Unfortunately the bad guys don't just terrorize good people by being good fighters...plus, they are in the game of "in and out", so it's not to their advantage to stay around and trade blows. Their initial threat usually comes by some means of violent threat, far from a fist or hand. In most cases, these bastards don't have skill in being proficient at handling weapons, so, to a trained self defender, they are at a disadvantage. Groups normally operate differently. Groups normally use brutal physical force, because the numbers are on their side. Just image an group of bad guys walking up on you - threatening you, and you yell out "I don't want any problems...if you come any closer I'll have to defend myself". They may or may not listen, and keep approaching...then you pull out your .380, or whatever you have concealed, and they'll get the point. They will back off with speed. No one got hurt, especially you and your family.

Of course we never want these types of situations to occur, but the reality is...at least in the U.S., that this stuff happens hundreds or thousands of times a day.

I was speaking from a "street" standpoint. Imagine this type of situation happening at your home, at night, while your family was sleep. Trust me, if that happens, you'll definitely want your .45 and some training.
------------------
Back to Street Fighting. Fights typically don't last long. However, the amount of energy that you project in this short time frame taxes the hell out of your body. That's why after around 20 good seconds, most people completely loose any training that they my had, and start throwing their arms as if they were swimming. Having good physical fitness, and practicing proper fighting form and technique will build muscle memory, so even in times of high stress - your training becomes second nature.
That's what it boils down to. Stress changes our brain functionality. You think you can fight...but when a fight happens, you act on instincts. Training forms and shapes those instincts.

I don't speak from an arm chair here. I grew up in a tough area (Oakland, CA), and have learned all about fighting and self defense by actual physical experience. I know how bad guys operate and think (to a certain level). I also know how defend myself, and have had to do some - so many times.

If you need any pointers in this arena...hit me up.

peace.

steveobur1000
Jun 02, 2009, 09:40 AM
Hi guys just thought i would add to this with what little ma knowledge i have gained over the years.
First of good post i agree with pretty much all of the above.
to me there are a few things i will always be aware of if walking away or avoiding the conflict fails.

firstly no matter how much MA experience you have when the shit goes down you will revert to a select few techniques that you rely on. so that double spinning flying back kick you learned in TKD really dont mean shit. just know your basics and know them well!

secondly my sensei tought us a concept he calls GLF (go like fuck!) which basicly summed up means when you know that there is no other way out of a situation and that is is gonna end bad one way or another you dont fuck around. you hit first. you hit that motherfucker hard! and you keep hitting him untill he is unconcious in a pool of his own blood and shit. make an example of him and with any luck any of that punks friends will then have second thoughts about jumping in aswell.

Thirdly dont go to the ground. i love BJJ i have been learning it a lot recently but in a streetfight the ground is not the place to be. there is nothing to stop this guys friends from jumping in and doing a tapdance on your face. so get the fuck up!

and last to touch on what steveobur1000 just said. anything goes. in the end if you are in a situation that you couldn't wak away from or talk your way out of then it is bad. you do whatever you have to and you need to make it clear to you opponent that you are willing to go further than he is. fucking miles further! if that means sticking your thumbs in his eye sockets and biting off his nose then so be it. fucking pull his nads off. do whatever it takes to walk away from that situation. because in the end it is you or them...

Just my opinion

The only way to beat violence is with a greater degree of violence.

A good reply to a good post. I couldn't agree with your points more.

I to was taught the go like fuck approach to self defence. At the end of the day it is the only thing that works. Basic techniques thrown with all your effort and rage. No wrist locking, double back flip kick with pike, or Chi power bullshit is going to work. Hit, hit harder and hit longer.

If anyone doesn't agree i would ask you this. In England the police are not aloud to strike when making arrests for things like drunkeness and other minor crimes. They are only aloud to restrain people. When ever i see some guy getting nicked on TV it always takes about six cops doing wristlocks and restraint to take him down. I wonder how many it would take if they were aloud to kick people in the balls? I'm glad they are not but you must see my point.

marticus
Jun 02, 2009, 02:58 PM
well i can't embed this or link to it but I think we can all learn something from it. :D

ww.youtube.com/watch?v=wcx-DL8-jAs

fucking windmill 'em LOL :lol:

If anyone can embed it please do.

1929hellbox
Jun 02, 2009, 04:20 PM
we were taught was when someone taps you on the shoulder and you are going to turn around step back or to the side and bring your hand/arm up at the same time, like your going to brush your hair back. this should be for all situations, helps with blocking the sucker punch.

coakle
Jun 03, 2009, 09:56 AM
I agree with some of the posts here, there are some valid points. In a confrontational situation if your are not required to act (such as Law Enforcement, eminent danger of loss of life or injury) get out of dodge. However, if you have to act remember, that there are two parties in a street fight, the winner and the one who did not fight dirty. bite, throw sand, kick in the knee what ever you have to do, do it

vostok
Jun 09, 2009, 01:16 AM
Hit first, hit hard keep hitting and fight dirty. If your life depends on it fight like an animal, animals do anything to survive. Eye gouge, groin shots, improvised weapons, bitting, use elbows if you have the chance. I used to live in the inner city and was around the animals and "thugs" that lived there daily. A street fighter is a fighter without honor by most peoples norms. They will do anything to win, most of the time with greater numbers. Best bet is to avoid those people, if you can run do it or do anything that gives you an opening to run. Some may call this being a coward, I call it survival. The animals who are "street fighers" many of them have done hard time, are in gangs or have mental problems. They will think nothing of pulling a gun, knife, blunt object or other means and killing you. I know in the movies so many people seem to take as plausible you see guys disarming ppl with guns, knives or fighting off 6 or more guys, but in real life it just doesn't work that way. Who wants to be the toughest guy in the cemetary? In the military if you're in a fight with superior forces be it numbers or firepower and there's a way out you'll take it, so you can live to fight another day. Don't let your ego get you killed

Fatman
Jun 09, 2009, 02:21 AM
The older members of BWC will remember an almost IDENTICAL thread way back in the past... that one was titled "best martial art for street fighting", and it provided us with many hours of entertainment.

I am sort of happy to see it reincarnated :)

vostok
Jun 09, 2009, 07:56 AM
The older members of BWC will remember an almost IDENTICAL thread way back in the past... that one was titled "best martial art for street fighting", and it provided us with many hours of entertainment.

It gives you the ability to whoop any man and to shoot lighting out of your ass. lol

gilstrap
Jun 09, 2009, 03:50 PM
the best secret of street fighting is to conceal a big gun in your jacket without your foe knowing and when he kicks off blow him away

texaswolf
Jun 09, 2009, 03:55 PM
the best secret of street fighting is to conceal a big gun in your jacket without your foe knowing and when he kicks off blow him away

Ahh, the art of Gun-Fu.

Lovro
Jun 09, 2009, 04:40 PM
Don't forget jew-jitsu

http://catharsiscorner.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/12jew-jitsu.jpg

On topic ... can't really say anything, haven't been in a real fight, ever, don't even know anyone who has; it's pretty much a safe country for that matter, maybe you can be 'deprived' of a mobile phone or a wallet with some serious bad luck.

Journeyman
Jun 09, 2009, 04:46 PM

Not really...compare the first post on this thread with the first post on that other thread. This one I started for a reason...which is why my sig is linked to the view single post.

Raja
Jun 10, 2009, 09:24 PM
LOL!!!! @ pic

Straight to my facebook...

Fatman
Jun 11, 2009, 02:34 AM
Not really...compare the first post on this thread with the first post on that other thread. This one I started for a reason...which is why my sig is linked to the view single post.

Yeah... but that's about where the difference ends :)

Compare the other posts (beyond the first) in this thread to the other posts in that other thread, and you will see what I mean.

jkdman81
Jun 12, 2009, 02:28 PM
There Are No Secret Techniques Or Any Secrets To Fighting At All
The Best You Can Do Is Train As Realistic As Possible...
Spar 2 Against 1
Sparing Against Someone Witha Knife, Stick, Or A Gun
2 On 1 With Weapons
3 On 1
Closed Area To Simulated A Resturant/bar/club Settings

You Never Know When You'll Have To Fight
Hopeful You'll Never Have To Fight
Train Like Your Fighting For Your Life
Cause You Have To....

tictac1
Jun 12, 2009, 04:45 PM
As someone who has had the unfortunate experience of being in multiple "this might be the last thing I do" situations, i have to agree with demarcoa's post. In addition to plenty of "life experience", I have quite a bit of close-combat firearms training as well as martial arts.

If I could add to his original post, one should always abide by the "3 Stupid Rule". DON'T go stupid places with stupid friends and do stupid things. That will keep you out of 95% of life's nastiness.

Someone else mentioned improvised weapons. The scariest guy I've met, a well-feared local badass where i grew up, always made it a point to use unusual items to clobber people with, and top it off with some improvised way to catch them off guard. I might add this is a guy that was in and out of prison, and in no way had any lifestyle I would ever try to emmulate. Not getting in fights will make your life a lot easier, I speak from experience. Even if you win, you may face prosecution (even in self--defense), lawsuits, reprisals, etc. NOT worth it!

bloodriotiori
Jun 13, 2009, 12:27 AM
i have a question first and foremost. How do i make it, so that i can see more then 4 pages at a time on my thread? This one has 9, mine has 4 and then another set of 'responses' :(

Anyways, there's alot of good points being thrown around in here, hopefully some of the people with the "zomg i do MMA, i r beast" attitude will take something from them.

As a person who's been in a few (few in number, high in intensity) fights, i will be the first to tell you, that there is NOTHING cool, and NOTHING fancy and stylish about being in a fight. I absolutely love the people who talk like "man if that guy swung at me, i'd totally grab his arm, flip him over, and put him in teh kemora arm lock o' death till he tapped out like my t-shirt says!!", i guaranfreakingtee you, that none of those people have been in a life threatening situation before, or a fight PERIOD.

I've had 2 people attempt to mug me/steal my money before. One was someone who ran up and tried to take it, the other was a guy who actually just walked up and punched me in the face. Both of them ended up with their heads on the pavement looking like morons with blood spilling out their noses and mouths. What's the point of that? It was FUCKING SCARY!! It's not a "lets prance around in a circle for 30 seconds, waiting for an opening, then go for teh single leg takedownz", it was flat out "holy shit that guy just stole my money!!" and "WTF JUST HAPPENED WHY AM I LOOKING DOWN AT MY FEET WITH MY FACE HURTING?!?!/!", and both situations happened in a matter of seconds. Fighting is not glorious, and there's nothing fancy like you see on TV, it's get in, get out, don't get killed, do what you have to do to survive, and get the fuck out of there, nothing more, nothing less.

In both of those fights, i was fortunate enough to have to hit them ONE time and one time only, who knows what would have happened if i sat there, trading punches, trying to roll around on the ground (i forgot my Tap Out t-shirt that night, so clearly my powers would have been diminished). I did what i had to do (i do infact hit like a fucking bull, that's a byproduct of training, and my size combined), and i got out of there the second it was over, i didn't stick around trying to act like a badass, i didn't give the other guy time so i could wait and see if he got back up and pulled a knife/gun on me, i hit them, they dropped, i took my money back and i got in my car/ran away immediately and left.

As was said, you need to have a strong look, a strong attitude, and a strong "aura", people do not start shit with you if they don't think they can, if you do not project yourself as a weak target, there's alot less chance that someone is going to bother you in the first place, why risk it when they can pick off the weaker looking target? So the best you can do, is train yourself, build your body up, have the skills you need, and pray to god you never have to use them.

gilstrap
Jun 13, 2009, 01:23 PM
looking at that reply blood you could talk them to death

Lovro
Jun 13, 2009, 01:36 PM

that's some British humor for you right there :mrgreen:

mattdude
Jun 13, 2009, 02:44 PM
Guns
How will a gun help you hm? If someone pulls a gun on you then they are one-up.
Not really, if they pull and gun and fire it they are one-up.
If they use it as a threat, you can pull and fire your own before they know what is happening.

Giving to time to pull your trusty weapon, aim and fire? Or walk in front of you, pull a fancy guard position and wait for you to make the first move?
With some training you can pull and be firing in 5-10 secs easy.

More likely they will sneak up close and you will not know what hit you.
Thats why you watch your back, be ready.

Knives

You don't show them you have a weapon.
You try to talk them down, you try to run, if that don't work, you use the weapon they didn't know you had.

bloodriotiori
Jun 13, 2009, 05:09 PM

careful, or i'll send you a very well written essay about how much bigger my e-penis is then yours :D:twisted:

roflal
Jun 15, 2009, 11:24 AM
Krav-maga.com
The one and only

CSta
Jun 15, 2009, 04:23 PM
Avoid fights in the first place.

demarcoa, you may be interested in a site whose primary topic is avoiding/preventing violent crime. www.nononsenseselfdefense.com
(That's supposed to spell "no nonsense self defense," if the link doesn't work.) I found it quite helpful. The article about the 5 stages of violent crime was particularly enlightening.

SlobbyMcSlob
Jul 04, 2009, 11:55 AM
1. Scream very loud, try to make your voice deeper and more masculine than it really is, you gotta try and surpress that crack in your voice which reveales that ur very distressed and about to cry.

2. Walk back and forth a lot, walk like it looks like ur leaving, and then walk back when the other guy says something rude which hurts your feelings a lot.

3. The initial push.Push the other guy with both hands, about shoulder hight, as you push you can push your butt out and pull your head backwards and sideways to make sure you loose momentum and cant see what ur doing.

4. Windmills.

gilstrap
Jul 04, 2009, 12:42 PM
a good style i learnt on the mean streets of liverpool in 10 easy steps for all you dickbrains

1) close eyes
2) tuck chin into chest
3) make out your doing the doggie paddle with palms open
4) MAKE A HIGH PITCHED SCREAMING NOISE
5) shit your pants
6) wake up in hospital
7)buy sunglasses
8) buy a gun
9) use a gun
10) spend remainder of life in jail

Journeyman
Jul 04, 2009, 12:55 PM
Not really, if they pull and gun and fire it they are one-up.
If they use it as a threat, you can pull and fire your own before they know what is happening.

With some training you can pull and be firing in 5-10 secs easy.

Thats why you watch your back, be ready.

You don't show them you have a weapon.
You try to talk them down, you try to run, if that don't work, you use the weapon they didn't know you had.
1. I don't care how fast you are, if I'm holding you up with a gun aimed at your head, with my finger on the trigger unless I'm a complete retard or drugged, if you go for a fast draw your head will have gone everywhere. People often think that a fast draw can save them but they're wrong.
2. Actually, most trained police officers can pull and fire in around 3 seconds. But that still can't save them from someone 20 feet away with a knife drawn.
Watch your back? Honestly, if someone wants to kill you, and is smart about it (this very rarely happens, most often they just want money or whatever) they can walk past you and shank you or whatever. The only guy immune to attacks like that would be Mike Tyson, wearing body armor and carrying many weapons. :roll:
3. If they have a weapon drawn than what? The whole 'I'm faster' thing really doesn't pay off. They have a weapon drawn and ready to use (using guns as the example) than they can shoot you before you get to your holster and draw. If it's a knife things are different cause they've got to get in close. If you have skill, with a knife you've got a chance. But the thing is, most often they don't want to kill you anyway. They are desperate and want your credit card, so what's the use? Toss them your wallet, get out safely and call the cops. You could try and be all badass but this often ends with a mess.

demarcoa, you may be interested in a site whose primary topic is avoiding/preventing violent crime. www.nononsenseselfdefense.com (http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com)
(That's supposed to spell "no nonsense self defense," if the link doesn't work.) I found it quite helpful. The article about the 5 stages of violent crime was particularly enlightening.
Thanks, that seems informative I'll look into it.

a good style i learnt on the mean streets of liverpool in 10 easy steps for all you dickbrains

1) close eyes
2) tuck chin into chest
3) make out your doing the doggie paddle with palms open
4) MAKE A HIGH PITCHED SCREAMING NOISE
5) shit your pants
6) wake up in hospital
7)buy sunglasses
8) buy a gun
9) use a gun
10) spend remainder of life in jail
lol

Journeyman
Jul 04, 2009, 12:56 PM
Honestly what the hell. This is turning into another stupid street fighting thread. That wasn't the idea. People aren't even reading the OP. I will try and get this thread closed.

Cheeze_Baron
Jul 04, 2009, 05:00 PM
It should of been obvious that you should never discuss self defense on the internet. It's not just an issue with this forum but all forums.

For the visual learners:

Two grown men larping
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axW-xFjofRs&fmt=18
h**p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axW-xFjofRs&fmt=18

How not to get groped by bikers in public
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oRVpyD0esQ&fmt=35
h**p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oRVpyD0esQ&fmt=35

Using a coat to defend against a knife and other pointy objects
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibGyGG3X4PI&fmt=18
h**p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibGyGG3X4PI&fmt=18

Journeyman
Jul 04, 2009, 05:11 PM
It should of been obvious that you should never discuss self defense on the internet. It's not just an issue with this forum but all forums.

Yeah I know. The OP was focused on giving everyone a dose of common sense to clear up some of the BS floating around. Apparently not many people took the point.

gilstrap
Jul 05, 2009, 06:20 AM
Honestly what the hell. This is turning into another stupid street fighting thread. That wasn't the idea. People aren't even reading the OP. I will try and get this thread closed.

dont you dare dem....im gonna take this thread and fucking run with it till the bitter end.........hey and dont be so fucking stuck up...what do you mean another stupid street fighting thread ......any thread with the words street and fighting put together is gonna be fucking stupid

olinek
Jul 05, 2009, 07:54 AM
dont you dare dem....im gonna take this thread and fucking run with it till the bitter end.........hey and dont be so fucking stuck up...what do you mean another stupid street fighting thread ......any thread with the words street and fighting put together is gonna be fucking stupid

lol well said.

Dominator350
Jul 05, 2009, 10:39 AM
no ones ever thought about just being properly conditioned eh. If you were properly conditioned, then you wouldn't have to worry about being out of gas. You would be thinking a lot clearly then the other person. You ask, why you talking shit, you gotta gun??You gotta knife? that solves that problem there, cause they won't know what to think if youre asking if they have a gun, face to face, no blinking with your fists ready to kill.

I don't know I did that once cause in the city theirs a lot of fucking assholes picking fights with me that really shouldn't, and you gotta wonder why, what they know that you don't, and if you want to take the most fearless strict forward and straight to the point approach its 'You got a fucking gun on you? '

rickvv
Jul 05, 2009, 12:44 PM
Very funny, gilstrap. I love your 10 easy steps.

Dom, that actually sounds like a good strategy. I liked it.

I have to come clean and admit that I usually always read these threads. I don't usually comment on them, but I find them quite entertaining, and sometimes quite interesting. I vote to keep the thread open.

Journeyman
Jul 05, 2009, 12:51 PM
Very funny, gilstrap. I love your 10 easy steps.

Dom, that actually sounds like a good strategy. I liked it.

I have to come clean and admit that I usually always read these threads. I don't usually comment on them, but I find them quite entertaining, and sometimes quite interesting. I vote to keep the thread open.

The whole point of the thread was to have the OP that I could link to my sig. Now the conversation has turned from comments on the OP--good or otherwise--to another debate on MAs and weapons for 'street fights'.

We don't need two zombies here do we?

gilstrap
Jul 05, 2009, 01:21 PM
im of the adage the more zombies the better.....

2hyper
Jul 28, 2009, 02:00 PM
I'm a small guy, 5'7" at my heaviest weight in years a huge 140lbs ;) I'm built like a marathon runner. Despite years of matrial arts training ranging from boxing to gung fu, I know better than to try and stand my ground against a mugger.

My favorite way to train for street fights is parkour, I can outrun any crackhead trying to rob me, and I've had to escape a group mugging before. My strategy is as follows, talk shit, avoid the first punch and RLF (Run Like FUCK). I've never given my wallet up, and I've outrun a group of 6 guys trying to take it.

My strategy in bars is simple, I don't start shit. If some Jerk wants to look tough and starts something I use a palms up "I don't want to fight you" stance (can't rememeber what it's called) and make sure a bouncer sees the prick throw the first punch as I block it, and try to avoid getting hit in the head while bouncers are throwing the posturing prick out of the bar.

That being said if you're a huge dude, I'd think you're less likely to be accosted drunks trying to look tough or even by a group of crackheads with no common sense. Being intimidating is (IMHO) probably the best defense for large dudes.

Fatman
Jul 28, 2009, 03:38 PM
Being intimidating is (IMHO) probably the best defense for large dudes.

You speak the truth, brother. Intimidation works 95% of the time. Remember, that's why dogs bark at each other, works just as well with humans :)

texaswolf
Jul 28, 2009, 04:25 PM
Yea, size definitely does help. No one fucks around with big guys usually.

Journeyman
Jul 28, 2009, 05:02 PM
You speak the truth, brother. Intimidation works 95% of the time. Remember, that's why dogs bark at each other, works just as well with humans :)

The other day I was walking with my tiny female Sheba, who weighs around 15lb. A huge mastiff type came up and wanted to play, but she's an alpha-wannabe and definitely not in the mood...she barked once at him and then bared her teeth, and he instantly dropped his 150+ lb back and sat down while edging away. Kinda like a petit woman hitting a linebacker/biker with her purse. :-P

2hyper
Jul 28, 2009, 05:04 PM
The other day I was walking with my tiny female Sheba, who weighs around 15lb. A huge mastiff type came up and wanted to play, but she's an alpha-wannabe and definitely not in the mood...she barked once at him and then bared her teeth, and he instantly dropped his 150+ lb back and sat down while edging away. Kinda like a petit woman hitting a linebacker/biker with her purse. :-P

HAHAHA. that's awesome.

Journeyman
Jul 28, 2009, 05:06 PM
HAHAHA. that's awesome.

She doesn't look quite like this, but
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q61wKcss1VI

....sometimes, that is :-|

EvilOne
Jul 29, 2009, 12:19 AM
RLF Run Like Fuck, funny. I agree, being physically intimidating is a great asset. Unfortunately, there is not much one can do to change this. I would have to be a monster to look like "anything" in street clothes.

onelasttime
Jul 29, 2009, 05:08 PM
You make the assumption that the muger is not going to hurt you if you comply. What makes you think that is what happens? Terroist will kill you even if you give them what they claim to want. So why go out on your knee's. If you try to win you might and you will at least go out fighting. If you do not try thenyou have zeor control of the out come you are tossing yourself on the mercy of a man that is moraly corrupt and expecting him to let you go un harmed what a silly thing to preach.

onelasttime
Jul 29, 2009, 05:27 PM
At least 70% of the fights I have been in where ones that I was not allowed to walk away from or run from. About 20% where multiple attackers. You are not always given the option not to fight and to just run like hell!

Maybe I should see if JP has an uncle wally Pose that makes you into a hard granite like structure able to with stand a beating from 10 guys without gettingt hurt!!!!You know make yourself so isometricly strong it hurts the other people just to strike you!LOL

2hyper
Jul 29, 2009, 06:15 PM
That's why I say Parkour is the art I use. yeah they think they have me cornered, then run up a wall and tic-tac onto a dumpster, jump off, hit the ground rolling and sprint like hell. If running's not an option you let yourself get cornered, which is stupid.

Journeyman
Jul 29, 2009, 06:41 PM
You make the assumption that the muger is not going to hurt you if you comply. What makes you think that is what happens? Terroist will kill you even if you give them what they claim to want. So why go out on your knee's. If you try to win you might and you will at least go out fighting. If you do not try thenyou have zeor control of the out come you are tossing yourself on the mercy of a man that is moraly corrupt and expecting him to let you go un harmed what a silly thing to preach.
If you are preaching on about the OP.... it is all fine and well to sit in your computer chair and talk about going out fighting to the death etc...and comparing muggers to religous fanatics? :confused: listen to common sense. Take the advice or leave it.

At least 70% of the fights I have been in where ones that I was not allowed to walk away from or run from. About 20% where multiple attackers. You are not always given the option not to fight and to just run like hell!

Maybe I should see if JP has an uncle wally Pose that makes you into a hard granite like structure able to with stand a beating from 10 guys without gettingt hurt!!!!You know make yourself so isometricly strong it hurts the other people just to strike you!LOL

I think that this quote is applicable here:

onelasttime...seriously how old are you, 157 years or so, you have done, seen, been around, heard, read, everything that has to do with anything in exercise
^ we have yet to receive the video onelasttime. ;)

You have fought multiple attackers, and been mugged enough times to put the ratios in percentages? Who are you, Batman?

My father lived in Washington DC for several years. He was mugged multiple times, at gun and knifepoint. Although young at the time he wasn't hotheaded, luckily for me because I might not be here... he had to empty his wallet of change a few times but he wasn't beaten up.

Like I said: Good advice. Take it or leave it.

TheMasterKey
Jul 29, 2009, 07:15 PM
You have fought multiple attackers, and been mugged enough times to put the ratios in percentages? Who are you, Batman?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's see that video already!

2hyper
Jul 30, 2009, 11:25 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's see that video already!
plus one!!!!

EvilOne
Jul 31, 2009, 01:28 AM
HERE IS THE VIDEO YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING TO SEE.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiALWluqCEk

gilstrap
Jul 31, 2009, 05:48 AM
this is one of the few times i agree with onelastime...i think one onelastime would make a very deadly foe ..certainly one i wouldnt mess with in the real world ..because after five minutes of listening to him id be ready for throwing myself under a fucking bus ...it doesnt get much lethal than that

onelasttime
Jul 31, 2009, 07:43 PM
I could not run like hell very far any ways.....My ankle in in a cam walking boot basicly a fancy cast made out of plastic that allows you to walk like peg leg the pirate!!! I would be better served to take it off and beat them with it then try to run in it and since it allows zero movement of the ankle tic-tac'ing is out the question.......I can recall one time when I was in Germany and I thought about making a run for it because I was alone and looking for my friends late at night. It was just me and my skate board. I rounded the corner on my skateboard and a Turk with a gun was hiding on the other side as I turned the corner I say the gun. I did something like a kick flip but caught the skate board in my hand and swung it into this guys throat and he droped like a sack of patatoes. It all happened so fast that I never had time to think it was completly and totaly reflexsive.....At that moment I herd some voices comeing from around the next corner and I thought about making a run for it. They where all speaking German and I did it was muffled so I did not hear indivudual voices and I was scared as hell that it was this guys friends since Turk's in Germany seldom travel alone they normal prowl in large groups. I stoped and looked upa nd saw that the only way out was a long as wide v shaped street and if the rest of them had guns too they could pick me off like a fish in a barrel. So I said "The hell with it if i did to night I am takeing as many as I can with me!" turned out to be my friends you have no idea how much lighter I felt after I found out it was my friends! Even though I was more then able to run I was a wrestler, track and field and bounced between cross country and football depending on my mood it would not have done me any good against punks with guns............I was reminded of those cheesy T-Shirts we all like and one that was often floating around the Army PX's was "If you run you just die tired!" and it had a single bullet hole on the front as the period to the sentence!

It is always better if you run away or walk away from a fight....The best fighter in the world can die just as easily from that knife he did not see comeing etc.......Fighting is a nasty in your face endever but you seldom get to choose when you get to fight especialy if you talking about a mugger or gang violence. Just because they ask for you wallet and watch and stuff like that does not mean that they are not going to kill you. Many gangs require their member to kill someone at random to get in and the mugging part is simply because it is easier if they have you hand them your stuff before they shoot you. First it is much harder to get the good stuff off someone on the ground bleeding to death as you can easily leave trace evidence or get their blood on your clothes second once you fire the gun people start looking and the last thing they want is to stand around so people can get a good look at them after they fire the gun! That is why they mug you before they shoot you! Any time someone points a knife or a gun at me I assume they intend to use it on me no matter what and if they are dumb enough to step intot he hole 14 foot circle surrounding you with a gun or a knife then they are asking to be be challenged either way you have no way to know in advance if they are going to let you live or not so why trust your life to the mercy of someone with no empathy or concisence(sp)?

Journeyman
Jul 31, 2009, 08:16 PM
man, read the friggin' OP! Where do I say lie down and beg for mercy...I say avoid the situation...get out of it...if there's no way out fighting is still a last resort.

Not all of us can fight off armies of German street thugs with our skateboard. :rolleyes:

onelasttime
Aug 01, 2009, 05:22 PM
Love the B.S. meter I just wish I could read what it says in the red zone. I just think most of what is wrong with this country and most is that everyone is a coward anymore. No one will say anything to anyone when they see some one doing something they should not be doing. They just look the other way and keep on walking! Running is more of the same! Police cannot help and will not help in most situations they are kind enough to make sure that you body get a toe tag put onit by the right people and they might try to find your killer. So it is up to you to take care of yourself.......Last I checked most crimanals where leaner and in usualy in better shape then their victiums the criminal element is usualy not obese like most of America! LOL So you had better have some killer 200 metter speed becasue jogging is not going to get it done. On top of that few people commit crime alone usualy their are at least 2 sometime 5 or more how you gona run away if they have you surounded. My point is that seldom can you just run.....What about the girl that is with you wearing high heels I gues you are just going to let her stand their and be victumized while you run off!

It is better to stay away from places that have high crime rates but if that is not possable not looking or acting like a mark is a good thing to consider as well!

Journeyman
Aug 01, 2009, 10:06 PM
man...the BS meter reads high off your stories.

Fatman
Aug 02, 2009, 02:37 PM
man...the BS meter reads high off your stories.

HARHARHARHAR... looks like your thread got owned!

Journeyman
Aug 02, 2009, 02:49 PM
HARHARHARHAR... looks like your thread got owned!

How? Fighting multiple assailants with skateboards isn't a very realistic proposition for most of us, so I think my original statement still stands.

Combat Student
Aug 02, 2009, 04:02 PM
If you can run do so, if you can't then a thing you should have practiced is striking primary targets Ears, Eyes, Throat, Groin & secondary targets back of head, kidneys & finger breaks. Basically all of the stuff that is not allowed in MMA & most other combat sports. Fighting fair is sport doing whatever it takes to survive is what a real fight is about. I like MMA as a sport, but way too many folks think submission moves are going to be the end all, be all & they will not. No one can concentrate of doing a rear naked choke or arm bar while a blade is slicing into them. Stay alert, stay away from dangerous people, areas or situations & 99% of the time you will not have to fight. But if you do training the basics as above MAY (emphasis on MAY:-() save you.
Nuff said,
Jim

Flipessorry
Aug 02, 2009, 05:38 PM
here is a fucking secret... kick em in the nuts or carry a gun if you're so concerned about your safety walking in the street.

EvilOne
Aug 03, 2009, 12:07 AM
If you can run do so, if you can't then a thing you should have practiced is striking primary targets Ears, Eyes, Throat, Groin & secondary targets back of head, kidneys & finger breaks. Basically all of the stuff that is not allowed in MMA & most other combat sports. Fighting fair is sport doing whatever it takes to survive is what a real fight is about. I like MMA as a sport, but way too many folks think submission moves are going to be the end all, be all & they will not. No one can concentrate of doing a rear naked choke or arm bar while a blade is slicing into them. Stay alert, stay away from dangerous people, areas or situations & 99% of the time you will not have to fight. But if you do training the basics as above MAY (emphasis on MAY:-() save you.
Nuff said,
Jim
you are right. but at times like you said, when you gotta go, you gotta go. no man is going to take away my birthday if i have anything to do with it.

Cheeze_Baron
Aug 03, 2009, 12:42 AM
Keep out of 'aggressive-hobo-range' ala arms length and you should be fine, they can't do shit to ya when your across the street. Be weary of those out of place, especially when your in an area where someone can't hear or help ya in a heartbeat, and keep ample distance between you and them when you do come across em', if they still persist to close the gap sucker punch em' and run like fuck(as mentioned by someone in an earlier post). If you resort to a pre-emtive move you won't have to worry about countering a myriad of possiblities like an armed assualt etc.

Fatman
Aug 03, 2009, 02:43 AM
How? Fighting multiple assailants with skateboards isn't a very realistic proposition for most of us, so I think my original statement still stands.

That's not what I'm referring to... you've awakened the beast, and now have to suffer the consequences :mrgreen:

Journeyman
Aug 03, 2009, 06:28 AM
no man is going to take away my birthday if i have anything to do with it.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

That's not what I'm referring to... you've awakened the beast, and now have to suffer the consequences :mrgreen:

Yeah I guess...I just wanted to tool on onelasttime some more. Ah well.

texaswolf
Aug 03, 2009, 12:10 PM
Bottom line is use your fucking head and be aware of your surroundings. You don't just walk into a mugging situation if you are paying attention I would think.

Journeyman
Aug 03, 2009, 06:30 PM
Bottom line is use your fucking head and be aware of your surroundings. You don't just walk into a mugging situation if you are paying attention I would think.

In other words.... bottom line=OP :roll:8-)

Fatman
Aug 04, 2009, 02:46 AM
Demarcoa, about a third of new threads on BWC are turning into "I'm so tough I'll win any street fight and don't be dissin' my crew man I unleash the power of the ultimate street fighting martial art on ya". First I thought it was the excessive heat and too many high school kids on break from school, but now I know that it's all your fault.

This thread is the virus that turns the average, polite and knowledge-hungry BWC forum user into a street fighting zombie. I feel better now that I have someone to blame :mrgreen:

Journeyman
Aug 04, 2009, 01:34 PM
Why thank you Fatman. I am planning on using these zombies for something very special. "Pinky and the Brain" meets "I am Legend".

Lovro
Aug 04, 2009, 06:36 PM
Why thank you Fatman. I am planning on using these zombies for something very special. "Pinky and the Brain" meets "I am Legend".

Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering?
I think so, Brain, but if we give peas a chance, won't the lima beans feel left out?

That cartoon was tha bomb! :mrgreen:

texaswolf
Aug 04, 2009, 10:34 PM
In other words.... bottom line=OP :roll:8-)

Who has time to read 15 pages of THIS topic?

I was more responding to onelasttime, the baddest mofo on these forums. He thinks you should fight back in every situation apparently.

EvilOne
Aug 05, 2009, 12:34 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^maybe he is training to defeat kimbo slice^^^

Journeyman
Aug 05, 2009, 10:35 AM
^^^^ with a skateboard.

gilstrap
Aug 05, 2009, 01:01 PM
there should be a public health warning on this site as some real bad mother fuckers post here...im talking about guys who can kill with a skateboard and catch a bullet in there fucking teeth ....although i think the closest most of them have got to a fight injury is a blister on there fucking index finger through typing about it......:mrgreen:

Journeyman
Aug 14, 2009, 01:56 PM
Okay... some of it was fun but this has gone on long enough. Yada yada yada... everyone knows my opinion on the subject.
You want a thread on zombies, skateboards, catching bullets, street fighting etc. start it yourself.