ninjas >>> spartans

Journeyman
Jan 26, 2009, 08:30 PM
ninjas >>> spartans

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

EvilOne
Jan 26, 2009, 08:38 PM
ninjas >>> spartans
Dang-it O' did I ever post a video on how to make a spear????
or did you mean wanna be ninja little kids, turn into wanna be spartan men??:o:o:o

Erik
Jan 26, 2009, 08:50 PM
ninjas >>> spartans

Spartans would so kick the ninja's asses in a fight.

EvilOne
Jan 26, 2009, 09:00 PM
Spartans would so kick the ninja's asses in a fight.
NOW WHAT PUNK

olinek
Jan 26, 2009, 09:13 PM
lmao spartans are noobs. They got owned because of some should be dead deformed spartan baby. Maybe if they didn't practice euthanasia they wouldn't have gotten their asses handed to them.

Erik
Jan 26, 2009, 09:24 PM
lmao spartans are noobs. They got owned because of some should be dead deformed spartan baby. Maybe if they didn't practice euthanasia they wouldn't have gotten their asses handed to them.

The real spartans, not the movie version.

Journeyman
Jan 26, 2009, 09:49 PM

True. They sure had some screwed-up ideals.

olinek
Jan 26, 2009, 09:49 PM

Yea well if we get lost in the specifics.. we will realize that an encounter between the 2 would only be possible via time machine..

This is no good.

Erik
Jan 26, 2009, 11:10 PM
True. They sure had some screwed-up ideals.

That they did, but they were some of the best of their time.

silentassassin
Jan 26, 2009, 11:34 PM
When I grow up I wanna be a Ninja!

cheesedog
Jan 26, 2009, 11:40 PM
Yea well if we get lost in the specifics.. we will realize that an encounter between the 2 would only be possible via time machine..

This is no good.

You've got a LOT of nerve, using LOGIC and REASON in an arguement like this. Shame on you!!!

:p :p :p

Dave.cyco
Jan 27, 2009, 02:53 AM
When I grow up I wanna be a Ninja!
:lol:
You've got the skills it seems!

EvilOne
Jan 27, 2009, 04:23 AM
:lol:
You've got the skills it seems!

GREAT CATCH, ARE YOU A SPARTAN???
The only time travel spartans did was to take away people's birthdays,
And the only thing cool about ninjas are their motorcycles

Fatman
Jan 27, 2009, 07:29 AM
Chuck Norris PWN all.

shepsec
Jan 27, 2009, 08:13 AM
that guy in the clip has too much free time and too many fucking issues - i mean who sits down dressed as a ninja in front of a camera teaching people that shit? someone call a lunaitc asylum and get the poor "man" some help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fatman
Jan 27, 2009, 08:35 AM
that guy in the clip has too much free time and too many fucking issues - i mean who sits down dressed as a ninja in front of a camera teaching people that shit?

I'd do that if I was unemployed. No diss ninja!

shepsec
Jan 27, 2009, 08:52 AM
he could get a job in a car wash -you know wax on - wax off!!!!!!!

silentassassin
Jan 27, 2009, 01:04 PM
Bruce Lee has Chuck Norris on a leash :lol:

silentassassin
Jan 27, 2009, 01:08 PM
And Bruce Lee was a Ninja!

Dominator350
Jan 27, 2009, 01:09 PM

Actually it was recorded in ancient text that there was a hunchback, there was actually a real goat path. It probably did happen. Something defintly did go wrong in that battle.

Anyways ninjas operate best solo, and spartans don't really got shit unless theirs other spartans around him.

This is actually an intriguing argument, ive been wondering for some time.

Erik
Jan 27, 2009, 08:44 PM

Much better than that whole ninja-pirate thing, eh?

As for the spartans, while they were trained phalanx fighting, they would have trained in wrestling, and may have trained in pankration (am I spelling that right?), and would probably have learned soso battle tactics, especially since the challenges and single combat was so popular (at least according to Homer's Iliad).

Of course, they were using bronze weapons, so the ninjas would have a technological edge.

Journeyman
Jan 27, 2009, 09:50 PM
Actually it was recorded in ancient text that there was a hunchback, there was actually a real goat path. It probably did happen. Something defintly did go wrong in that battle.

Anyways ninjas operate best solo, and spartans don't really got shit unless theirs other spartans around him.

As for the spartans, while they were trained phalanx fighting, they would have trained in wrestling, and may have trained in pankration (am I spelling that right?), and would probably have learned soso battle tactics, especially since the challenges and single combat was so popular (at least according to Homer's Iliad).

Of course, they were using bronze weapons, so the ninjas would have a technological edge.

They would never come face-to-face even with a time machine-ninjas are assassins!
Ninjitsu pwns pankration btw. Pankration was a sport. Ninjitsu was for killing things.

I actually (serious now) read something about how the homeric heroes were completely fabricated, with the whole single-combat thing. Apparently the most pride was taken by simply staying in line in a phalanx.

Dave.cyco
Jan 27, 2009, 09:50 PM
I wonder if we could get away with making fun of the guys, using our stealthy ninja skillz (btw, thanks for the training Long Island Ninja).

I won't try, they might catch on and then we'd have an epic battle on our hands complete with pirates, ninjas, spartans and maybe even an iguanadon or two.

Journeyman
Jan 27, 2009, 09:52 PM
maybe even an iguanadon or two.

WTF???? Now where did that come from?

Oh yeah komodo dragons would beat them all up.

Then there's the samurai Miyamoto Musashi, who was reputed to have hunted Komodo Dragons.

This is going too far! :roll:

Journeyman
Jan 27, 2009, 09:54 PM
Bruce Lee has Chuck Norris on a leash :lol:

Close enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqzQ2qrtBeg&feature=PlayList&p=9150C0C3A2EF502F&playnext=1&index=2

:cool:

Dave.cyco
Jan 27, 2009, 09:54 PM
You must not know what an iguanadon is. Google iguanadons and you will see komodo dragons ain't got nothin' on 'em.

Journeyman
Jan 27, 2009, 09:59 PM
You must not know what an iguanadon is. Google iguanadons and you will see komodo dragons ain't got nothin' on 'em.

Komodo dragons are just so much cooler though. And iguanodons are extinct.

Erik
Jan 27, 2009, 10:18 PM
They would never come face-to-face even with a time machine-ninjas are assassins!
Ninjitsu pwns pankration btw. Pankration was a sport. Ninjitsu was for killing things.

Panakration was a sport the was jui-jutsu is a sport -- only if you have somehone there to say stop. Historically, one of the first unarmed combattechniques, and possibly, throughthe travels of Alexander thee Great, one ofthe influences of indian martial arts (apropos of nothing, did you know that most of the Buddhas from a certain period in India and the region actually have faces modelled on look like Alexander the Great?)

And the ninjas would have to get past the ever vigilant Spartan guards first, who would spot them and their skulking, cowardly ways! Especially in the cover-lacking hills of ancient greece.

(And actually, there is some literature (I can't remember if it is greek or roman) decrying wrestlers and what a pain they are to tain properly in the arts of war. Can't remember which book I read that in.)

I actually (serious now) read something about how the homeric heroes were completely fabricated, with the whole single-combat thing. Apparently the most pride was taken by simply staying in line in a phalanx.

That is for the most part true. Though the great heroes may have existed, and while Troy certainly existed, the likelyhood of any part of the Iliad being from eye-witness account is pretty slim.

That said, there is evidence of some who fought alone. In fact, it was considered a sign of prowess to fight in the nude, which is not something one would do in a phalanx, I shouldn't think, as the armour and shield were an improtant part of the defense.

And yeah, the one whose phalynx stayed together was the one who won the battle.

And by the by you know the "ninja uniform?" that dude is wearing? Actually not. It's a stage manager's uniform from the kabuki theatre. First thought by westerners to represent ninjas because they would come in and steal away the dead.

Note: I think it's Kabuki. Might be Noh. Will have to check on that.

But not tonight. I'm tired now.

silentassassin
Jan 28, 2009, 12:21 AM
I wonder if we could get away with making fun of the guys, using our stealthy ninja skillz (btw, thanks for the training Long Island Ninja).

I won't try, they might catch on and then we'd have an epic battle on our hands complete with pirates, ninjas, spartans and maybe even an iguanadon or two. ;) No Problem Canadian Ninja!!

No doubt!

cheesedog
Jan 28, 2009, 02:16 AM
And iguanodons are extinct.

Exactly! They are extinct because the ninjas killed them.

cheesedog
Jan 28, 2009, 02:20 AM

The Spartan's were very skilled and well-trained at Pancration. They also boycotted the Greek games (forerunner of todays Olympic games) because they were not allowed to attack their opponent's genitals or use any biting techniques. Remember these fights were bare-arsed naked!

Erik
Jan 28, 2009, 05:11 AM
The Spartan's were very skilled and well-trained at Pancration. They also boycotted the Greek games (forerunner of todays Olympic games) because they were not allowed to attack their opponent's genitals or use any biting techniques. Remember these fights were bare-arsed naked!

Yeah! Like to see a ninja try that!

Fatman
Jan 28, 2009, 06:24 AM

Isn't that what UFC and MMA are about? :)

Ninjas and Spartans shoving their barely clothed scrotums (scrota?) into each other's faces?

CDavidNeely
Jan 28, 2009, 06:32 AM
Greetings,

And the ninjas would have to get past the ever vigilant Spartan guards first, who would spot them and their skulking, cowardly ways! Especially in the cover-lacking hills of ancient greece.

Its a common misperception that the ninja relied on skulking around in the dark all the time. They relied on that method but [b]not[b] for moving around most of the time. The traditional shinobi had a variety of disguises that allowed them to move around during the day. Shichi-ho-de, or the seven ways of going, was a general overview of their ability to infiltrate and assassinate. The ninja would have known about the approach of the Spartans and laid traps along the way but they would not have waited until the camp was set before attacking.

I think the Spartans would have fell victim to the most dangerous ninja of all - the kunoichi.

In open battle the ninja would have suffered the same fate they met when they tried to meet the Samurai on even terms. Actually I think the samurai would have decimated the Spartans and the Persians.

David

CDavidNeely
Jan 28, 2009, 06:38 AM
Greetings,

One of the techniques I witnessed demonstrated involved a ninja with his hand tied chewing his opponents throat out because he had no other weapon. We are talking about a class of fighter willing to cut his own face off as a means of suicide.

David

Erik
Jan 28, 2009, 06:47 AM
One of the techniques I witnessed demonstrated involved a ninja with his hand tied chewing his opponents throat out because he had no other weapon.

Yeah, I've used that myself on occasion. The other guy let go fast. Works nicely.

And remember the Spartan motto was "Come home carrying your shield or on it." Ninjas aren't the only ones willing to tear out someone's throat with their teeth.

Erik
Jan 28, 2009, 06:48 AM
Actually I think the samurai would have decimated the Spartans and the Persians.

Samuria vs. Spartans

Hmmmm....

Journeyman
Jan 28, 2009, 06:55 AM
Samuria vs. Spartans

Hmmmm....

Sigh......okay I'm in. Golden age of samurai vs golden age of sparta.
Samurai kick butt. They have guns. And horses. And higher-quality steel instead of bronze for weapons.

What you were saying about the kabuki I think is true, but I have seen Japanese woodcuts of assassins wearing hoods, etc. But ninja probably would not dress up in that rather obvious uniform to do a job. Most likely blend in, dress like a peasant or something.

Dominator350
Jan 28, 2009, 11:51 AM
farmers beat down samurai with farm tools.

Journeyman
Jan 28, 2009, 11:53 AM
farmers beat down samurai with farm tools.

Yes. And totalitarian governments beat down farmers. :p

How far do you think we can take this? :mrgreen:

Dominator350
Jan 28, 2009, 12:00 PM
The question is not how far. Rather, the question is do you posess the constitution to go as far as is needed?

n8tive
Jan 28, 2009, 12:18 PM
Isn't that what UFC and MMA are about? :)

Ninjas and Spartans shoving their barely clothed scrotums (scrota?) into each other's faces?

Hahahahah LMAO. This is the funniest statement in the whole thread. Made the 5 page read almost worth it.:mrgreen:

mackamitsu
Jan 28, 2009, 07:58 PM
Fast Air ftw

Army of One
Jan 28, 2009, 09:42 PM
I can't believe I'm just stumbling upon this thread, its phenomenal.

Fatman
Jan 29, 2009, 02:42 AM
Hahahahah LMAO. This is the funniest statement in the whole thread. Made the 5 page read almost worth it.:mrgreen:

You got to wonder where the world is going if the paragon of masculinity is one guy taking another guy's arm between his gonads and squeezing it... hard. On TV. Not that there's ANYTHING wrong with that, I have always supported freedom of choice.

cheesedog
Jan 29, 2009, 02:29 PM
You got to wonder where the world is going if the paragon of masculinity is one guy taking another guy's arm between his gonads and squeezing it... hard. On TV. Not that there's ANYTHING wrong with that, I have always supported freedom of choice.

As long as you don't enjoy the feeling of another guys arm in your crotch it's not gay.

At least that's what I tell myself. :p

Army of One
Jan 29, 2009, 04:05 PM
As long as you don't enjoy the feeling of another guys arm in your crotch it's not gay.

And God forbid that it moves.

cheesedog
Jan 29, 2009, 04:24 PM
Amen, brother!!!! :p

moeed_eng
May 01, 2009, 01:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyXjpfIybnY&NR=1

mattdude
May 08, 2009, 07:02 PM
They did Ninja VS Spartan on some TV show, Spartan's won because of that huge shield.

EvilOne
May 08, 2009, 07:54 PM
The Spartan won cause they were one of the greatest fighting forces of all time. But seriously who makes this crap? Who thinks these videos are cool? You have some serious mental issues. Unless you are 12 or under.

mattdude
May 09, 2009, 12:51 AM
Jedi Knights are the greatest fighting forces of all time. :mrgreen:

The Spartan were greatest fighting forces of THERE time.
Now days any house wife with a 9mm could kill them.:lol:

rubadub
May 09, 2009, 07:46 AM
Some cheap supplies here http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.827~page.1
I would like a go of the throwing knives or stars.

silentassassin
May 09, 2009, 03:30 PM
They are cheap, I wanted to buy one but it wont let. What am I doing wrong?

rubadub
May 10, 2009, 09:09 AM
They are cheap, I wanted to buy one but it wont let. What am I doing wrong?
Not sure, you usually just click on "add to cart". Sometimes stuff is listed on the site but is not in stock, in which case there is no "add to cart
" to click, it should say "
Item is temporarily sold out." I order from them all the time, dunno if customs would be an issue on stuff like that, it comes in from China.

Cheeze_Baron
May 10, 2009, 09:32 AM
You can buy that crap at smoke shops and swap meets etc I've seen similar stuff at the budk site.