PDA

View Full Version : Question? So if I were in a Fight...

gilzero778
Dec 05, 2008, 03:57 PM
Where should I hit first?

also what specific exercises can you do to punch with more force?

and how do I harden my knuckles?

This is just a streetfight type of thing.
Just a one on one, who can slug it out until the other person quits.

Erik
Dec 05, 2008, 04:15 PM
Where should I hit first?

also what specific exercises can you do to punch with more force?

and how do I harden my knuckles?

This is just a streetfight type of thing.
Just a one on one, who can slug it out until the other person quits.

First thought: Don't get in fights. It's a waste of time and it hurts.

Second thought: To toughen your knuckles, hit a heavy bag and do knuckle pushups. Gentle tapping against a concrete wall helps deaden the nerves.

Third thought: If all you are doing is slugging it out (which is a stupid thing to be doing), aim for the nose to make their eyes water, hit the point of the chin at a 45 degree angle to try for a concussive knockout. Body blows to the ribs or solar plexus may or may not work. And remember that if you do the guy serious harm you will be going to jail no matter what the circumstances. Which is why I'm not going to tell you how to do that. Go join a boxing club and they'll teach you how to punch people.

Fourth thought: The problem with fights is that you don't know what is going to happen. The person may say "Fight me" but that usually means he and all his stupid little asshole buddies will get together to kick the crap out of you. The person you are fighting may be armed.

Final thought: Taking into account point 4, in a real fight, the goal is to destroy the other person as quickly as possible, as harshly as possible, and with as much force as possible so they never want to fight you again and any of their friends watching think twice about stepping in. In my school the rule was that, if the fight lasted more than three seconds, you lost. It wasn't about slugging it out, is was about damaging the other person. It was not nice, or sporting or manly. It was just brutal.

Fighting is not a manly thing, it is a stupid thing. You are better off walking away if possible, avoiding shit, avoiding a criminal record, and getting on with real life.

OneTruth13
Dec 05, 2008, 04:28 PM
Balls, Knees, Nose, Chin, then Above the Ear. In the order...Kick straight, hard and fast to the knee joint or the nuts. Or a jab (It would probably be your left hand straight into their nose) followed by a really hard right hook to the chin or above the ear. Knock out...

Spped--Train with weighted gloves, train on a 100# or more heavy bag, train in a boxing gym.

Knuckels--Knuckle pushups, puch a heavy bag with limited padding over you hands. There has been a post about this a few weeks ago look it up.

In a real life fight though you have no idea who you are going to fight. If they know how to grapple, bjj, wrestle you will be screwed if you try to kick them and miss or are not fast enough. If the person rushes you and you are not fast enough or accurate enough to hit them in the nose or chin you will be destroyed. A flurry of fast staright 1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2 punches can back most people off if you get to be fast enough and accurate enough (very important).

The best thing to do is to lose that chip on your shoulder, be the bigger man and not fight. It is never worth it unless the dude hit your woman, your mom, your kid, or your dog. Dont be afraid to fight if it is necessary, but IMO never get angry when you are about to fight, stay clear headed and focus on the task at hand.

gilzero778
Dec 05, 2008, 05:02 PM
WOW
very very very good advice
and information
I do have quite the temper
and after a little time to cool down I decided it wasn't worth it

But I don't want to be afraid to fight if I have to and I wanna be ready if something happened like he hit my girl or family member.

Dominator350
Dec 05, 2008, 05:08 PM
this is fuckin stupid and outta line.

You sound like a fuckin punk to me. People like you end up losing everyone around them cause they just realize you are what you seem to be... A PUNK.

Go to jail, get knifed! get fucking raped by some big motherfucker??Lose your friends, your girlfriend, get your face fucked up, lose your teeth, keep yourself from getting a job, become a fucking loser! Get a knife slipped between your ribs!

you live in the USA? great! i hear those jails make canadian jails look like kindergarden.

Anyways if you can't even figure out whats the worst places to hit, your gonna get your ass handed to you. Good luck with your life.

The Turtle
Dec 05, 2008, 05:26 PM
The best move in street fighting:

Position your right foot about one foot in front of your left, shoulder-distance apart
Push off with your right foot and swing your left foot like a pendulum, placing it in front of your right foot, shoulder-distance apart
Perform the same movement with your left foot in front and repeat as many times as necessary
If a normal 1-2-1-2-1-2 pace is not effective, begin throwing this move in a more rapid succession...

...that's right, walk (or run) away. As everyone else has said, street fighting is stupid. Work out to get yourself into good shape, for sport, or for the simple joy of performing challenging athletic movements, but don't do it for the purpose of being ready 'just in case'. By doing that you are subconsciously accepting that getting into a street fight might be okay. The simple fact is it is not... I would venture to say that in 99.9% of all cases one could walk away from a street fight and avoid getting beaten, jumped, stabbed, etc...

If you train to fight as a sport, I am all for it as I love watching :twisted: However, doing it in 'real life' is pretty stupid.

Dave.cyco
Dec 05, 2008, 05:57 PM
I do have quite the temper
and after a little time to cool down I decided it wasn't worth it

But I don't want to be afraid to fight if I have to and I wanna be ready if something happened like he hit my girl or family member.

If you have a temper, then it's all the more important for you to ALWAYS count to 10 first and think about the consequences and what you have to lose. Dominator summed all that stuff up quite insightfully.

1. The best thing to do is to lose that chip on your shoulder, be the bigger man and not fight.

2. It is never worth it unless the dude hit your woman, your mom, your kid, or your dog. Dont be afraid to fight if it is necessary, but IMO never get angry when you are about to fight, stay clear headed and focus on the task at hand.

1. Yes this is correct
2. This is wrong. Fighting is only NECESSARY in perilous situations where your actions make the difference between harm or death coming to you or someone else. The situations you described above are REVENGE, which is done after the fact out of anger. Needless to say if one of the above mentioned people is STILL being attacked, then stop that attacker at all costs. But don't take retribution into your own hands or you'll regret it. Violence begets violence and revenge begets revenge.

Turtle, you summed it up perfectly.

Dominator350
Dec 05, 2008, 06:02 PM
i can't get over that... a temper... a temper... what does that even mean?

to put it simply, athletes with tempers go to jail. They are called criminals and are defined as unstable. If you got a temper and you do not have the physical means to back it up, that just makes you a fucking asshole.

The Turtle
Dec 05, 2008, 06:26 PM
Fighting is only NECESSARY in perilous situations where your actions make the difference between harm or death coming to you or someone else.

That's the .1% I was talking about as well :D

The Turtle
Dec 05, 2008, 06:31 PM
i can't get over that... a temper... a temper... what does that even mean?

to put it simply, athletes with tempers go to jail. They are called criminals and are defined as unstable. If you got a temper and you do not have the physical means to back it up, that just makes you a fucking asshole.

Could be one of those guys who feels tough now that he is working out and is going to use his 'temper' as an excuse to test out his new muscles?

In short, as you so brilliantly described, an asshole.

Dave.cyco
Dec 05, 2008, 06:35 PM
Could be one of those guys who feels tough now that he is working out and is going to use his 'temper' as an excuse to test out his new muscles?

In short, as you so brilliantly described, an asshole.

Perhaps, but let's not make any hasty judgements. Everyone has a right to prove they're a good person.

The Turtle
Dec 05, 2008, 06:39 PM
Perhaps, but let's not make any hasty judgements. Everyone has a right to prove they're a good person.

Oh, I meant that as a general statement for anyone who uses their 'bad temper' as an excuse to get in a fight. Sorry if I made it seem like I was directing it at the thread author, because I was not.

gilzero778
Dec 05, 2008, 06:51 PM
Oh gee you guys make me feel great about myself