PDA

View Full Version : Rampage Vs Tyson Punches Only

Almond
Nov 22, 2008, 07:15 PM
Who would win. Rampage in his prime and Tyson in his prime. No kicks, no take downs. Just stand up punching.
If I had to bet, I would not know who to bet on.

USMC machine
Nov 22, 2008, 08:12 PM
Just punching? Silly question... The answer is obvious assuming you're not talking about Tyson in his current state, but rather when he was active and still fairly good.

Rampage is MMA practitioner while Tyson was purely a boxer, and one of the best at it when he was in his prime. Tyson trained solely for boxing; that is his specialty, and although striking is Rampage forte in MMA he still trains for a boarder spectrum of things so his boxing is not as good as it could be because he has to dedicate time to other things. Hence the idiom "jack of all trade, master at none." Think of it as playing cards.. if Rampage is a "Jack" at boxing then Tyson would be thee "Ace".

Not to mention Tyson is a heavyweight while Rampage is a light heavyweight. Tyson OBLITERATED guys bigger than him, imagine what he would do with someone 20-30 pounds LIGHTER than him.

Prediction: Tyson Rd. 1 via KO.

phlex
Nov 22, 2008, 08:18 PM
USCM machine has said it all.

Almond
Nov 22, 2008, 08:30 PM
Wow, good thoughts. I don't mean to be a noicnse, but if it was by MMA rules then Rampage would win, provided that Tyson did not land a few good shots first?

Journeyman
Nov 22, 2008, 09:02 PM
Wow, good thoughts. I don't mean to be a noicnse, but if it was by MMA rules then Rampage would win, provided that Tyson did not land a few good shots first?

Obviously. But their punching power is identical (1800 psi :shock:).

It is just that Rampage is of course better trained in mma and Tyson is the better boxer. Both are very strong and tough. Tyson is heavier but Rampage has more reach. Draw your own conclusions.

USMC machine
Nov 22, 2008, 09:03 PM

It's all speculation, but if Rampage can take the fight to the floor then he might have a good chance.

Also, despite his cat like reflexes, Tyson as a life long boxer would not used to having kicks, knees, and elbow thrown at him. Add kicking to boxing and it's a whole new game. All of a sudden an reach advantage with the hands is neutralized, Tyson wouldn't be able to work within his range because even time he tries to go in he receives a leg kick that he doesn't know how to defend against. (i.e: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBG9PeImA10 )

In fact, thats exactly how Rampage lost his last fight to Forrest Griffin, Griffin caught him with a good leg shot that hurt Rampage and defused his knock out power. (Power generated through a great punch first comes up from the legs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX2tzkJwmTk

So in a MMA fight I think Rampage would win that bout.

Journeyman
Nov 22, 2008, 09:12 PM
Video #1-ouch!

Video #2-yes, the leg kicks may have something to do with it but Rampage still should have been able to KO Griffin easily. He was 'off' that night, and Griffin delivered an inspiring performance.

As I said above, this could be argued either way, but I think each would defeat the other (Tyson and Jackson) if competing in their own respective sports.

Raja
Nov 24, 2008, 11:43 PM
That first video was painful to watch. I'll definitely keep the Thai roundhouse in mind if ever encountering a boxer.

marksmarkou
Nov 26, 2008, 08:18 AM
As a Catskill fighter, still trained under Rooney, with Cus yelling in his corner, Tyson would beat any current MMA and Boxing fighter (boxing only)

Salty24
Nov 26, 2008, 10:15 PM
The thread title said punches only, in that case a prime tyson would make short work of him.

Celcius
Dec 02, 2008, 02:38 PM
I have 90% on the Iron Mike. Rampage has the other 10. Just like NY Lottery. "Hey, you never know."

IronWolverine
Nov 03, 2009, 09:44 AM
mike tyson of course

ARealLifePowerRanger
Nov 09, 2009, 01:23 PM
Mike Tyson.

Leaving out wrestling is giving Rampage on 1/2 of his game.

gilstrap
Nov 09, 2009, 01:28 PM
i dont even know why im replying to this dumbass thread tyson would fucking destroy rampage in a boxing match .....its like saying one of them dumbass wrestlers off wwo could be an mma champ:shock:

pasychosheep
Nov 11, 2009, 03:06 AM
i dont even know why im replying to this dumbass thread tyson would fucking destroy rampage in a boxing match .....its like saying one of them dumbass wrestlers off wwo could be an mma champ:shock:
**cough** brock lesnar **cough**

I mean, he's a douche, yeah, but he is champ...

MF!
Nov 11, 2009, 10:00 AM
It's all speculation, but if Rampage can take the fight to the floor then he might have a good chance.

Also, despite his cat like reflexes, Tyson as a life long boxer would not used to having kicks, knees, and elbow thrown at him. Add kicking to boxing and it's a whole new game. All of a sudden an reach advantage with the hands is neutralized, Tyson wouldn't be able to work within his range because even time he tries to go in he receives a leg kick that he doesn't know how to defend against. (i.e: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBG9PeImA10 )

I LOL'd at this one

nelco
Nov 11, 2009, 10:33 AM
That's not fair. Everyone knew that the kick boxer would kick his leg.

MF!
Nov 11, 2009, 10:41 AM
That's not fair. Everyone knew that the kick boxer would kick his leg.

I'd say its the boxer's fault. he should have realized his disadvantage before the fight... not during. epsecially since there are no secrets to what "kickboxing" implies. i cant say i dont feel sorry for him tho.... it would suck to lose that badly.

nelco
Nov 11, 2009, 10:45 AM
I'd say its the boxer's fault. he should have realized his disadvantage before the fight... not during. epsecially since there are no secrets to what "kickboxing" implies. i cant say i dont feel sorry for him tho.... it would suck to lose that badly.

It's like two armies meet. One can only use hand guns and the other handguns and grande lunchers.
Why did the boxer take this fight?

TheMasterKey
Nov 11, 2009, 11:05 AM
Why did the boxer take this fight?

http://www.guzer.com/pictures/fight-monsters-food.jpg