PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

Michael69
Sep 25, 2008, 09:25 PM
Me and my friend were boxing today, and he whooped my ass lol. Well, its the boxing rules with no boxing gloves because we don't have any. Well, he is a little bigger and stronger than me. Well, I blocked his shots well, but when I went to go throw a punch, he kept moving back and I always missed and then got hit. How can I work on my punch accuracy, and how can I train before a boxing match like this? What are some good combos that I could do?

Journeyman
Sep 25, 2008, 10:20 PM
I'm not a boxer, and I don't know many people here who are. Sorry but this isn't a boxing forum.
Here's one though http://www.rossboxing.com/

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Dominator350
Sep 25, 2008, 11:01 PM
we don't give advice to kids who try to bare knuckle box.
If your too weak to not seriously hurt each other then chances are your too young to fully grasp the stupidity of bare knuckle boxing with friends.

cheesedog
Sep 26, 2008, 01:34 AM
we don't give advice to kids who try to bare knuckle box.
If your too weak to not seriously hurt each other then chances are your too young to fully grasp the stupidity of bare knuckle boxing with friends.

X 2. You're just asking to get hurt. If you want to box join a boxing gym and learn how without cutting each others faces up.

Raja
Sep 29, 2008, 12:21 AM
Ahh, the joys of being a teenage boy. Join a boxing gym, they're generally much cheaper than regular gyms or martial arts clubs. Great place to get started.

Journeyman
Sep 29, 2008, 12:40 AM
I thought they were just fooling around and now he wants to box for real...(i.e. start learning and competing).

If not then stop before you get hurt.

bodylifter
Mar 21, 2009, 07:02 PM
Kid I've done some boxing but never have I done it bare knuckle. Thats just stupid. If your serious about boxing then save your paper route money and join a boxing club or gym. Don't be stupid kid, you only got one brain use for something other than telling your body to drool all over that nice shirt your Mom just put on you because you can't dress yourself anymore because her son was stupid.