PDA

View Full Version : Flexibility for Grappling DVD by Paul Z

America
Sep 06, 2008, 04:10 PM
I was looking at Celciusss youtube videos and saw this. Looks good. Also cool bodyweight moves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_4sHGcpZ2E

silentassassin
Sep 06, 2008, 08:33 PM
I am looking to up my flexibility and was looking on Pauls site but I cant figure out what to get I was thinking about getting one of the combos.
This DVD looks very appealing to me as I have just started doing martial arts as a hobby. I dont think it was in a combo, I guess cause its new.

America
Sep 22, 2008, 09:04 AM
I was looking at the combos. The grappling DVD doesn't seems to be in any of the combos.
I have his splits and flexibility DVD which is packed with info. That one is few combo though.

silentassassin
Sep 22, 2008, 03:04 PM
Has it helped your flexibility?
Would you recomend it?

America
Sep 22, 2008, 09:38 PM
Oh yeah I recommend it. No doubt. I have about 15 DVDs on yoga, kicks and flexibility. And even more books. Paul's is by far the best and has the most information. I saw a promo on youtube about his kicking videos. I'll get that when it comes out. I expect it to be good as well.

silentassassin
Sep 22, 2008, 09:55 PM
Thanks much

Ironman1
Sep 23, 2008, 03:43 PM
Oh yeah I recommend it. No doubt. I have about 15 DVDs on yoga, kicks and flexibility. And even more books. Paul's is by far the best and has the most information. I saw a promo on youtube about his kicking videos. I'll get that when it comes out. I expect it to be good as well.

I have my money put aside for that shit too.

silentassassin
Sep 23, 2008, 06:48 PM
America, What are some of the good books and dvds you have. Do you have Ultimate Flexibility, Stretching Scientifically, Relax into Stretch, Stretch and Strengthen because I was thinking about getting one of these or one of pauls combos

America
Sep 23, 2008, 07:20 PM
America, What are some of the good books and dvds you have. Do you have Ultimate Flexibility, Stretching Scientifically, Relax into Stretch, Stretch and Strengthen because I was thinking about getting one of these or one of pauls combos

Let's see. I have Stretching Scientifically. It was good for it's time. It was the first one and made in late 80's, early 90's. Much have changed since than. I mean the DVD. I have the book too somewhere, but don't remmeber much about it. The DVD is mainly strength conditioning with weights and cables and then stretching.
Relax into Stretch drives one main point home. Stretch the muscles, then contract them then stretch them some more. Not the best of Pavel's work.

Stretch and Strengthen I never purchased, but borrowed from a former martial mate of mine.
I was alright, also mainly contractions together with stretches. More or less like Relax into Stretch.

Ultamate Flexibility was not too bad, but much of the same stuff as other books in it's category.

Paul's DVD is much more advanced then his stretching book in my opinion. It doesn't cover kicking flexibility, which the book does, but it has a lot more approaches to flexibility than others. Muscle sequencing, massage with oil or balls, posture, breathing, split specific warm, different stretches for each muscle to pick the one's that work for you, etc.

Listen for a begginer anyone of those books or DVD's would work.

silentassassin
Sep 23, 2008, 07:32 PM
Sorry for all the questions but what about super joint?

and the book you are talking about is ELASTICSTEEL METHOD OF ATHLETIC CONDITIONING STRENGTH AND FLEXIBILITY TRAINING MANUAL

America
Sep 23, 2008, 07:46 PM
Yes, that's the book. The DVD is better then the book in my opinion.

I never read super joints. Just flipped through the book. It has many joint exercise to lubricate the joints. You know wrist roll, ankle roll, etc. Same stuff I learned in PE class. It also has a lot of stretches. Nothing really special. Pavel may have written something good, I just did not have the patience to read it.

silentassassin
Sep 23, 2008, 10:59 PM
Thanks a lot, I will probably get the combo with the book and DVD when I save up enough money.

Cheeze_Baron
Sep 23, 2008, 11:25 PM
Super Joints pertains to dynamic flexibility(kicking high) and mobility drills, Relax into Stretch is about static flexibility(doing the splits). The former is about moving to increase range of motion while the later is about gradually increasing the stretch to increase range of motion(by waiting it out till the muscles relax ) but also explains PNF stretching as a more effective means to increase flexibility.