PDA

View Full Version : Drunken boxing

ch.gvr6
Aug 19, 2008, 01:18 PM
hi i m practising kungfu movements using shaolin warrior workout dvd...I watched THE DRUNKEN MASTER movie and became intersted abt drunken boxing??is that true that u can fight with the help of drnken boxing??Also i read that Drunken Boxing Techniques mainly focus on building strong wrists and foreams as it can be seen from that movie in which he flips his wrist??Are there any workouts that can give strong and big forearms???:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

huylig
Aug 19, 2008, 03:55 PM
you're gonna need to have a lot of practice with the drinking part...and getting it jsut right.

cheesedog
Aug 19, 2008, 08:19 PM
is that true that u can fight with the help of drnken boxing??

Are there any workouts that can give strong and big forearms???

Honestly, most can't fight like that, but with much practice and lots of contact sparring it's possible.

With just bodyweight, do finger and fist pushups, hang on your pullup bar as long as possible (one-handed if you can), do some planche and front lever training, and check Cathal's log, he's doing some variations of pushups that might help you.

cathal
Aug 19, 2008, 08:57 PM
heres two of the pushup variations i use for wrist and forearm conditioning. http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=270&highlight=#270
i also highly recommend heavy gripper closes for forearm development

TheMasterKey
Aug 19, 2008, 09:38 PM
I thought you meant actually boxing drunk, well that's how me and my friends used to do it anyway back in my high school days. Not really a good idea though, it was more like fist fights with gloves on then boxing.

Jay Cooper
Aug 21, 2008, 02:20 PM
DB is too esoteric and fluffy to be effective against anyone with even an ounce of combat ability.

ch.gvr6
Aug 22, 2008, 09:37 AM
Nice one cathal..thanx.. sure wil do it...

emperor zombie
Aug 26, 2008, 12:46 AM
move to ireland, get all the practice you want.

cathal
Aug 26, 2008, 09:33 AM
move to ireland, get all the practice you want.

you are right actually, drunken boxing is pretty much national sport here :rolleyes: